Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

If I already hurt.... God help me tomorrow, Need help.

OK, I did my 1st ever kettlebell class today. I used to think that even though I still want to lose 90 pounds, that I was fairly fit. But this workout just destroyed me... Like I can't sit and get up without lots of soreness, and this is only 5 hours after the workout. I can't imagine what tomorrow will be like. I have a huge tub that I will be taking a long hot bath in shortly ( no jets )... but is there anything I can do NOW to make tomorrow less painful?

Replies

• bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Ibuprofin?

Hang in there, we all have to start somewhere. :)
  • GreyhoundGuru
    GreyhoundGuru Posts: 91 Member
    After my first Kettlebell experience, I was sore for 4 days :-).

Muscles I didn't even know I had hurt like hell.

The 2nd and 3rd times will be better. I promise :-)
  • TynkEMT
    TynkEMT Posts: 19 Member
    Any type of anti-inflammatory and lots of water!!!!!
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Soak as long as you can in the hottest water possible, and I second the aleve or motrin. Both together really seem to minimize the next day aching, compared to how bad I'm feeling the evening of.
  • TopazCarey
    TopazCarey Posts: 263
    Don't cold, icy baths help with muscle soreness? Idk, I think I saw that on Biggest Loser.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Take a few ibuprofen, use a heating pad. Tomorrow is a new day. Keep up the good work.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    A long bath sounds fantastic, plus some pain reliever.

And of course a good night's sleep!
  • eschwab855
    eschwab855 Posts: 258 Member
    Really with the pain you will feel there is not much help just keep moving I get this every time I do squats Naproxin works best for me as it is a anti-inflammatory good luck
  • kdickey31
    kdickey31 Posts: 27
    DRINK WATER LIKE ITS GOING OUT OF STYLE!!!! and stretch your muscles. The stretching will hurt now but it will make you feel better in the end.
  • BlessedShauna777
    BlessedShauna777 Posts: 118 Member
    Stretch! I know from experience that if you dont stretch before and after an intense workout, you WILL hurt yourself the next day. :)
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 213 Member
    And even tho you hurt like crazy tomorrow, still do mild exercise, like walking, even if you can't do much else. It helps the soreness go away faster.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    You sound like me after my first workout with weights after waaaaay too many years! I was shaky afterwards & soreness set in by evening - the next day was brutal. So was the one after that. :tongue: Ibuprophen did help me, as well as just taking it easy. Short, easy walks help stretch things out, but sadly, the soreness returned as soon as I stopped moving. I moaned and groaned when getting in or out of our truck, getting up or sitting down on the sofa, stairs were horrible. The warm bath should help.

Don't be afraid to take a few days off and let your muscles heal though - they got a rude awakening today!
  • Ibuprofin?

Can hinder proper muscle repair and growth!

My advice: warm bath, stretch, plenty of protein, and stick with it! The first time is always the hardest.
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    LOL, well thank you... I was just about to bump this thread.... I did take a long HOT bath.... I will get some naproxin,,, and I have a heating pad.... Seriously though, I have NEVER felt this sore, not even after 100 mile bike ride I took ( back in the day when I ride 20 miles a day, a few times a week ).
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    ice bath, stretch, foam roll, and relax! drink lots of water and have lots of protein and don't be surprised if you can't move tomorrow.
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    You're gonna be just fine, your body is not used to working out.........I love that kind of pain......:0
  • Make sure you stretch!
  • Natley
    Natley Posts: 58 Member
    good job!!! i can never complete a class!! try some advil, but its the good kinda pain, be proud man!!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 856 Member
    stretch! Be sure your muscles are nice and warm (after bath is good) for a nice ab stretch lay on your back, point your toes toward the far wall, reach your arms all the way over head and point your fingers to the other wall
    water ,water, water :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Ibuprofin?

Can hinder proper muscle repair and growth!

My advice: warm bath, stretch, plenty of protein, and stick with it! The first time is always the hardest.

How can ibuprofin hinder proper muscle growth and repair? It's an anti-inflammatory and pain reliever.