Walk Away the Pounds DVD

Options
I am on day two of Level 2 of the Walk Away the Pounds DVD . I am inputting it has brisk walking 3 MPH for 30 minutes. Does that sound about right?

Replies

• mamapuddin17
    mamapuddin17 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have seen people that log it that way or I use aerobics low impact.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Only if you're keeping pace with the instructor step-for-step for the entire DVD. Otherwise, it's more like 2.5 mph.
  • pb6012002
    pb6012002 Posts: 54
    Options
    I definitely keep in step with the instructor the whole time. Thanks guys
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I would get a HRM because those vary so much trying to guess calories, so different for everyone and how much effort you put out doing them.
  • pb6012002
    Options
    I would get a HRM because those vary so much trying to guess calories, so different for everyone and how much effort you put out doing them.

I have been wanting to get one, but dont want to spend a fortune. . Any suggestions?
  • bjfrezell
    bjfrezell Posts: 241
    Options
    Polar FT4's are reasonably priced. Do a search for HRM's and you might find suggestions as to where to buy them.
  • KitConFitz
    KitConFitz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am a Leslie Sansone walker too!! I am using the 4 fast miles DVD now!! Good luck to you all!! :)
  • 20dee
    20dee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the "walk away the pounds" DVDs, I think they are really fun. I do them step for step and use the resistance band. I normally walk 3-5 miles a day 4-5 days a week. I also have a Polar ft4 HRM. I log this workout as 4.0 mph because my HRM and the 4.0 mph calculate it almost to the calorie with each other. I hope this helps. Happy walking and losing :)
  • pb6012002
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I really do need to get a HRM . Just money is tight so I have to price one for cheap. I know I cannot be cheap with my health, but I really don't want to spend a lot of money on one.