I've decided to up my calories...

Options
d_89
d_89 Posts: 30 Member
But I'm so nervous. Based on all the posts I've read this is hopefully the right decision.

I started about 6 weeks ago and lost 6lbs, (mfp set 1200 calories per day for me with a 2lb/week goal) but recently gained back 2lb :( after reviewing my diary i was eating less than 1000 cals a day! (shameful) So I changed my goal to 1lb per week and realized that I should now be eating 1370 calories per day.

Anyone have any difficulties tryin to meet their caloric requirements? I find that I'm not hungry most times. And did anyone gain weight after this switch?

Replies

• aprilbjulian
    Options
    i am too "stuck" on my weight loss... which is why I joined this program. My goals showed me I am also not taking in enough calories.. this week is the first week since joining I am really trying to "snack" more and up my calorie intake! Good luck on yours and I hope we made the right decision!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'm joining ya. Just upped mine this week and making sure to eat my exercise calories too. I'm very scared I might gain, but I hope this will jumpstart me. Been stuck way too long!!!
  • chelsealjames
    chelsealjames Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the same!
  • susanrush
    susanrush Posts: 18
    Options
    I don't usually have that problem but the opposite. I'm supposed to eat 1210 a day and have been hungry at bed, but I know that's more of me being bored, so I've been staying out of the kitchen. Maybe up something like avocado which is high in calories and sustaining to help you reach it?
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Two weeks ago I changed my goal to -1lb per week to up my calories, I also (per my trainer) upped my protein, added a day of strength training and started using heavier weights on my conditioning days. I've lost 5 lbs and an inch and a half just off my waist. In TWO WEEKS! Plus I don't have that bummed out feeling of being hungry but out of calories!
    Good luck!
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    I'm increasing mine up to my estimated maintenance for a couple of weeks to see if that will jumpstart me again. Because I don't normally lose weight from week to week, it's hard to tell what my actual loss is over the last month, but with all the exercise I've been doing, it seems like I would have noticed more than I'm seeing. So, I think I've been at my calorie level for so long that throwing exercise into the mix may be causing my body to hold on to it rather than give it up. We'll see.

As for eating more, I find that almonds and/or peanut butter are great for filling in extra calories. Spread two tablespoons of peanut butter on a slice of toast or apple, drizzle with honey, and there you go -- an extra 270 calories or so.

I'm also loving a banana smeared with Nutella. 1 teaspoon goes a long way and is only 30 calories. A glass of 2% milk is an easy 130 calories to add.

I find that if you eat the extra even if you aren't hungry, after a couple of days your body adjusts and starts asking for it.
  • d_89
    d_89 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'll update in 2 weeks