Anyone who does TurboFire?

Options
So I got my TurboFire in the mail today and I just completed Fire 45 and a little bit of the HIT 15 to see what that was about. I love the cardio with Fire 45 but felt very uncoordinated. Hopefully I will get used to the moves!

Question: Do you do the workout plan they give you or did you make your own up? Do you rest on your rest days? I'm used to doing cardio about 6 days a week at the gym and am just curious about this.

Any feedback would be great!

Replies

• ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just finished Insanity so I'm used to hard workouts 6 days a week too. I finished the 5 day inferno and this week I'm on the regular schedule. So far I've been following the schedule except for today when I felt like I needed more of a workout than the HIIT 15. So today I did Fire 55 EZ with it. Somewhere I saw Chelene say that on HIIT days it was ok to add a strength training workout. I'm thinking that I'll try doing that next time. Maybe throw in a P90X weight workout on HIIT days. Good Luck to you!
  • Milly406
    Milly406 Posts: 39
    Options
    I just finished Insanity so I'm used to hard workouts 6 days a week too. I finished the 5 day inferno and this week I'm on the regular schedule. So far I've been following the schedule except for today when I felt like I needed more of a workout than the HIIT 15. So today I did Fire 55 EZ with it. Somewhere I saw Chelene say that on HIIT days it was ok to add a strength training workout. I'm thinking that I'll try doing that next time. Maybe throw in a P90X weight workout on HIIT days. Good Luck to you!
    [/quote

Yeah that's a good idea! How were your results with the inferno? Did you follow the meal plan too?
  • ering
    ering Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I only lost one pound on the inferno plan and hated every minute of it. I was a grouchy mess, haha. I followed it for the most part but swapped out a couple things here and there. I think my body just rejected the sudden drop in calories because I had been doing Insanity and eating 1700 or so calories a day. I feel much better following the regular plan and it's calorie suggestions. Are you going to try the Inferno plan?
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    There is a group called "Turbo Fire Hotties" - come join us!! As for me, I follow the schedule because I figure she put it together to mix things up in a way to give the best results.
  • lkarinal
    lkarinal Posts: 107
    Options
    I've followed the schedule and got great results, about to finish 90 day program. Great success in your journey and feel free to add me
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I did the 20-week program at the begining of Jan 2011. I stuck with the progra for the most part, but would add cardio at the beginning, when it was only a HIIT, I would go to Zumba or something. I always took a rest day...or did the stretch. From time to time I would miss a day, but I wouldn't skip the workout. For example, if I missed Monday's workout, I would just do it Tuesday and so on. Hope this helps. You will get better at the moves. I lost 12 lbs and 13 inches with the program...it's great!
  • sproeber89
    Options
    I follow the schedule for the most part, always take my rest day from TurboFire but might go to the gym instead. I change my rest days at times to better work with my schedule. I also mix my workouts up and make them work with my schedule, if I have a lot of homework and work that day I do a HIIT workout.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    The first time I did it I followd the schedule. Then I did Chalean Extreme following that schedule. Then I did a hybrid of the two programs that I made up myself. I did rest at least one day a week. I try resting two days a week, but sometimes I end up doing something lighter because I'm addicted lol.

I did Turbo Jam before doing Turbo Fire I think that made it easier to follow the moves.
  • wells0707
    wells0707 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am on week 6 and I sort of follow the schedule. I never take Wednesdays off and I always do a Hiit of Fridays because of busy schedule. Also..I am not a big fan of the 40 min stretch thing so I do either an Insanity that day or go to Zumba.

You will get used to the moves eventually. :)
  • Milly406
    Milly406 Posts: 39
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback!