Resturant food calories?

Options
My family and I are going out to a local mexican resturant (read...no nutritional info available) for dinner tonight. I'm thinking of getting the fajitas...but how do I figure out the calories for that? Is there a tool or anything here on MFP that can help me?

Replies

• debbie2268
    Options
    What I have done in this situation is just search for fajitas (or chicken fajitas, since that is what I would normally get) and find something that is similar to what I ordered, even if it is listed from a different restaurant.

I track my calories and check my progress on a weekly basis. Meaning if I eat 50 calories over on Tuesday, I cut back an extra 12.5 calories over the next four days. Your one evening out will not blow your whole week. Keep that in mind.
  • fdlafon
    fdlafon Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I recently ran into this same problem for a lunch date with a friend.
    I didn't eat the actual tortillas themselves, jsut the 'guts' so to speak. It was delicous, and easy to find in the database.
    I believe I searched for chicken fajitas no tortillas.

Enjoy!!!
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    This is a really cool site I found. I don't know if the restaurant that you are going to is on here but you can check it out.

http://www.eddieoneverything.com/nutrition_info/calculators
  • utes09
    utes09 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump for that link!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Thanks XOChocolate. It's not on there. Like I said, it's a small local place. But the BEST food! LOL
  • alawson5105
    alawson5105 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another healthier choice at a mexican restaurant is to get a grilled chicken salad, with no cheese, only the veggies, and use salsa as dressing. I do this a lot and it is very good!
  • footballmom12
    footballmom12 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    What I have done in this situation is just search for fajitas (or chicken fajitas, since that is what I would normally get) and find something that is similar to what I ordered, even if it is listed from a different restaurant.

I track my calories and check my progress on a weekly basis. Meaning if I eat 50 calories over on Tuesday, I cut back an extra 12.5 calories over the next four days. Your one evening out will not blow your whole week. Keep that in mind.

^^ Agree!! I just ate Mexican for lunch today at a local place and did just that....looked for something that was already there that came close to what I had.
  • tecknik
    tecknik Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's what I always get when doing Mexican. I allow myself one tortilla.. about 1/2 teaspoon of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese. NO rice. NO refried beans.. ask for black beans if offered.