Stay at home Mom ready to lose it! (the weight haha!)

Options
My family life is crazy, busy, fun and.. did I say crazy? I have a 6 year old daughter and 3 year old son. Adjusting to staying at home was very hard for me, I find it hard to make time for myself and focus on my own diet and exercise. This is going to change though.. time for some ME TIME! I'm tired of feeling tired.. and want to set a great example for my kids. Just looking for Moms in a similar situation who can relate and MOTIVATE! I

Replies

• libby555
    libby555 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Just started here too! SAHM mom to 4 and finally making it a point to make some time for me! Feel free to friend me!
  • sphonani
    sphonani Posts: 13
    Options
    LOL... what better way to spend 'me time' but to become healthier for your children. I am right there with ya! :wink:
  • HappilyMarried2711
    HappilyMarried2711 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I am also a stay at home mommy of 2! Feel Free to add me, i'm here everyday (sometimes more than facebook) I know how you feel! Not only am i stay at home mom of 2 i also provide childcare in my home. Some days are crazy! Or most days are crazy! lol But somehow we always get through! It makes it fun and definately makes your days so fast (not sure if that is good or bad). But i'd love to have another friend to motivate and help motivate myself as well! Looking forward to getting to know you! :)
  • teyrey75
    teyrey75 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM too! I have two boys: a two year old and a 6 month old.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a SAHM of 2. Close in age to yours too. Mine are 5 and 3. I was feeling the same way about a year ago. I had still not lost the baby weight from my then 2 year old and was tired and run down. My trigger was going to the doctors for a checkup. I had high blood pressure for the first time in my life. I knew then it was time for a change!!

I am on here every day and would love more friends to help motivate me and provide that for them too! feel free to add me!

Good luck to you!
  • CourtPaapu
    Options
    Me too :) I have two little kids (2.5 years and a 6 month old baby) and I'm trying to get in shape to have the energy to cope every day! It's full on. This week's been one of those weeks (I say after caving and eating toast with my cuppa this afternoon, good bye 200 calories!).

Feel free to add me, I'm always on here and it's great to have friends who are having the same days and experiences to motivate each other!
  • Lisalee15
    Lisalee15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    H i everyone

I'am finding if I do my work out early
    it's better for me.

I wish also to get rid of being tired feeling,
    it seems to hit me between 1 and three.

started taking vitamins again.
    Ive been trying to go to bed early but then i wake up at 230 wide awake. lol

how many times is everyone working out a week

sun /I did 1hr treadmill and 20 min eptical and a few weights

mon/ did spinning for the first time in 2yrs my arss is killing

going thursday and fri

Lisalee15
  • lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm a new stay at home mom, i have a 6 month old daughter, I'm still adjusting to it. I like seeing others here!!
  • gracetoo
    gracetoo Posts: 29
    Options
    Another SAHM. I have a 3 year old and a 7 month old with a husband who is often away on business, there never seems to be enough hours in the day!
    I'd love some more support, so anyone feel free to add me as a friend.
  • vlmazz
    vlmazz Posts: 14
    Options
    Yeay! So happy to hear from all of you! Thanks for the great welcome! I'm going to friend each of you (new to this so still figuring it all out). I always find it comforting to know there are people in similar situations as myself.. This is going to be such a great way to stay motivated, be inspired.. or just vent! :)
  • mhardest
    mhardest Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I am a SAHM to a 15 month old. Feel free to "friend" me!
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! I have a 6yr old daughter & a 3yr old son.. they are also CrAZy! I've been at home since 2004 (I quit working when I was pregnant with my daughter).. I know, I should have already pulled my hair out.. but I love my job! Glad you've made the decision to "lose it"...... so have I!
  • ChristineW82
    ChristineW82 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi mommas!

I'm a SAHM of 4 kids. I have a very hard time finding time for myself. There are so many ways we can fit healthy activities in to our life. We just have to figure out how to fit them in :smile:

Think of starting a group for us? :happy:
  • weallhaveastory
    Options
    Im a SAHM, three boys 11,10 and 3! You can do it!
  • rrcaudill
    rrcaudill Posts: 87
    Options
    Any of you are welcome to add me as a friend. I am a stay at home mom as well. My kids are 7, 3, and 2. :)
  • hopeeh55
    hopeeh55 Posts: 3
    Options
    im a stay at home mom too!! GO team MILF LOL
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I totally understand the craziness and trying to find time for yourself. I'm a SAHM and I have an 8 yo son, 6yo daughter, and 3yo daughter.

We did P90X Plyometrics as a family tonight (well, the kids had fun trying anyway!)
  • jenniferlynn12
    Options
    Feel free to add me... any of you... I'm a SAHM and have 4 kids, 6 and under... so life is crazy for me too but I'm so dedicated to getting fit-for me and for my family. Love to have more support and friendship with you all! We can do this! :)
  • Ingridriddle
    Options
    I too am a SAHM...have been for 6 yrs now! :-) And i feel so lucky to be able to do so! I LOVE it (most of the time!! LOL) i have a 9 yr old and 6 yr old twins...it is a blast...but to be successful you really really need to take time for yourself daily! I would go to the gym...and work out as hard as I could with my favorite music...still do LOL I would also VERY STRONGLY reccomend a MOMS Club (google to see if there is one in your area) :-) the transition into SAHM is a little tougher then what most would think!
  • Hynes13
    Hynes13 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm a SAHM too - a 4yr old boy and 2.5yr old girl. Please, anyone here, feel free to add me - we are all in the same boat!! I started this challenge at the beginning of the year and am slowly getting there. If I can do it, anyone can!!