Mommy did you get faster???

Jennplus2
Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
So I just took both my kids to DineyLand for the first time. Sooooo much fun! We would go to the park in the morn, then go back to the hotel for a healthy lunch and naps.
On the way back to the room my kids and I would race each other to the front door (mostly to wear em out a bit more before napping) and on the third day as we ran down the hall my almost 4 year old daughter said "wow, Mommy did you get faster? I am running and you are still here right with me!" I was so proud of myself at that moment! I did get faster because before I would start to run and then huff and puff to a stop while she flew by.
Now I know that if one of my kids ran for the street I could catch them! (This was the biggest reason that I started to lose in the first place, I grabbed her by her hair to stop her, I couldn't keep up and I was so scared she would make the street before I could get her)

Just thought that I would share, for me this is better than any number on the scale!

228826.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

Replies

• mythos23
    mythos23 Posts: 15
    I have only one thing to add.

BOOYAH!:glasses:
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    Moments like that are priceless keep up the success :bigsmile:
  • onfleur
    onfleur Posts: 159 Member
    Out of the mouths of babes :smile: thanx for sharing. Keep up the good work!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • SallyAnn
    SallyAnn Posts: 43
    Wow that must have felt amazing.....
  • Skagirl
    Skagirl Posts: 81 Member
    awesome! :drinker:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    So I just took both my kids to DineyLand for the first time. Sooooo much fun! We would go to the park in the morn, then go back to the hotel for a healthy lunch and naps.
    On the way back to the room my kids and I would race each other to the front door (mostly to wear em out a bit more before napping) and on the third day as we ran down the hall my almost 4 year old daughter said "wow, Mommy did you get faster? I am running and you are still here right with me!" I was so proud of myself at that moment! I did get faster because before I would start to run and then huff and puff to a stop while she flew by.
    Now I know that if one of my kids ran for the street I could catch them! (This was the biggest reason that I started to lose in the first place, I grabbed her by her hair to stop her, I couldn't keep up and I was so scared she would make the street before I could get her)

Just thought that I would share, for me this is better than any number on the scale!

228826.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

I'm very glad you shared this with us! :smile:
    Congrats on the great job you're doing! :flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Oh my goodness ... I have tears in my eyes. That is really awesome. Thanks for sharing. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!