lazy

i started out and even though i do want to change my body i'm not in the mood yet, i have changed my eating habits but i have not gone back to exercising regularly. will i see changes in my body anyways? (how did you guys start exercising again?)

Replies

• injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    walking at lunch. brought a change of clothes and walked at easy pace. I still do. Then after a few weeks I also started riding my bike for 20 minutes when i got home form work.

I still walk almost every day at work. I have started doing longer bike rides in the evening.

Nothing strenuous just steady.

following the caloric limit proposed by the site i have lost 35 lbs in about 5 weeks.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Find something you enjoy (or at least kinda enjoy) doing. Then it's just about commitment.
  • I started eating right and tracking my calories in February. I didn't start exercising until my husband bought me a Wii Fit for my birthday which was on June 9. It's so much fun! You don't even feel like you're exercising (until you wake up the next morning). I was losing about 2-4lbs a month when I started out. Now I lose a little more. July 4th weekend kicked me off my bike b/c of all the great food and all the great left overs, and now I have the flu so that's not helping either, but I always manage to talk myself back into a routine. Just remember that tomorrow can be the beginning of the rest of your life.
  • kvcarden
    kvcarden Posts: 175
    I know what you mean and I started out the same way...my favorite exercise I can suggest is roller skating! An hour burns 635 cals (for me based on my weight)....its fun and you don't even realize you're exercising so hope you can skate if so hit the rink up...if you can't skate put on some music and dance :wink: you have to start with something that doesn't feel like exercise trust me I know from experience!

Keyisha
  • Do something that makes your body feel good and strong while burning calories. I find that the first step is always the hardest and once you make exercise a habit, your motivation to exercise just naturally comes with that. You say you're not in the mood "yet." But when will you be? Don't be afraid to take that first step trust me! :smile: That first postexercise feeling will GET you in the mood.
  • Being active is a state of mind for me.

Some days I "know" I should be exercising but I don't wanna, so I make excuses not to.

Other days I *know* I should be exercising AND I wanna, so I make time for it and have fun with it.

You really do have to make it fun.

I am amazed that playing Frisbee in the swimming pool burns as many calories as it does...

Try new things until you find something you enjoy!

Good luck. :wink:
  • I was not in the mood either.. i was just walking at first which was good, but I am doing this with my daughter and she has been very inspiring.. she goes to the gym faithfully every day and does some kind of work out.. and if she can't make it to the gym she does something at home.. i was losing but very slowly and it was just dropping off of her soooooooo I joined a class of my own... I am not into the gym... I joined Cardio Kickboxing..WoW!!! I have doubled my weight loss in the last two weeks and compliments are even coming in from co-workers... FEELS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I try to make at least 3 classes a week and do something at home when i can't make it to class even if it is just some ab work and stretches on my off days just do something every day.... Once you start you don't want to stop..especially once the scale starts moving... GET IN THE MOOD!!!!! YOU WILL FEEL GREAT!!!!!!

145716.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    I agree that finding something you enjoy doing is a key element. If you hate treadmills- then why spend precious hours of your life on them?

I want to be a runner. A bona-fide real runner. So the treadmill/sidewalk is perfect for me and I enjoy it.
    Eliptical? GAH :noway: Hate it beyond all reason.

Plus, the endorphin kick is something else! It can keep me going.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Start slow with the exercise. You can build up as you gain strength. Last night when I went to bed, I was actually excited to know that I was going to the gym when I woke up. That has never happened before.
  • thanks everyone so much. i guess i do have to find something i like, i was talking to a friend today and now we're workout buddies so i'm hoping that will help me!
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    I knew I had to start, but it was still hard so I got a dog. With a dog you have to walk once or twice a day for them. I know this is not an option for all but maybe you have a friend who will not let you back out. For me that was my dog. Since then I have also added a treadmill and a stationary bike.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    walk, it's easy and gets you moving.