Old lady among the young gym bunnies!

Options
2»

Replies

• rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    YAY YOU!!!

I was a Bally's member and when they closed, I joined another gym that I had liked.

I am amazed at the ages of the members there~ there is a woman in one of my classes who is 80 and keeps up with the instructor better than some of us 50 plus folks!
  • Carolinanancy
    Options
    Great job! one of these days those young bunnies will be our age and probably be looking just like us. hang in there.
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Mind you I'm still young but I do find it intimidating to go to the gym as well with so many fit women the same age as me there.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Im glad you went ahead and did it anyway. There is no reason to be intimidated. The whole point of being at the gym is to get into better health.

Keep it up
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Great story! So glad you were able to just workout for yourself! You'll be one of those gym bunnies one day ^_^
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Im glad you went ahead and did it anyway. There is no reason to be intimidated. The whole point of being at the gym is to get into better health.

Keep it up
    ^^This^^

:)
  • caroldot
    caroldot Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I think this qualifies as a NSV!!! Great job and if truth be told, those gym bunnies were probably thinking how awesome it was for you to be there! Who says you can't be the leader of the gym bunnies one day! :bigsmile:
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thank you all for such great replies...it certainly gives me encouragement to keep on going! :smile:
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Good for you, thanks for sharig...:flowerforyou:
  • missfancy1980
    Options
    Having just started at the gym at the age of 31 I often feel this way too. Even though I am considerably smaller than a lot of people on here, I'm about 2 - 3 sizes bigger than these gorgeous gym bunnies i see every day. But after a few days i started to look at them and notice the muscles in their legs and the nice shape they have and think hmmm ok maybe they got that way BECAUSE they come here every day and work out... heck i want to be like THAT! Then they became more of an inspiration than an intimidation :D After all, when you lose it and shape up, gotta stay that way somehow haven't you. And more power to those girls (and guys) who never got overweight or unfit in the first place because they care enough to work out before it happens xx
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    When I see older people at the gym, I tell myself that I will be exactly like them when I get older too. It makes me happy to see that they still got it and inspires me to stay on the track I am on!!

KUDOS TO YOU! I know I am going to be going to the gym for as long as I can stand up by myself! Fitness isnt just for the youth ;D
  • rachaelrstewart
    rachaelrstewart Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    :) That's awesome! Makes me feel better, I always feel awkward around the super athletes at the gym.
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Good for you. Glad you didn't walk out that door. It's a very hard thing to do and you overcame and
    had a good workout on top of it. Keep it up.
  • acdchick
    acdchick Posts: 13
    Options
    You are just young longer than those bunnies. Good for you!
  • Nome515
    Nome515 Posts: 8
    Options
    You GO girl! I'm almost 50, and I go to a small co-ed gym. It can be intimidating for me to go into where the machines are because there's always a bunch of young dudes back there lifting wts. Just tonight I went out of my comfort zone, and in between my treadmill and elliptical workout, went to the assisted pull-up machine and did a couple sets. I think that pretty much everyone is so into doing their own thing, and most people have their ipods on and aren't really paying any attention to what everyone else is doing. Us old ladies can still rock it!! :tongue: Naomi
  • Ninatoots
    Ninatoots Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel.. I enjoyed reading your experience! :happy:

I'm age 67 and I joined our local gym. Thankfully I have a a good trainer, my daughter!:bigsmile:

Nina