Burning Calories

Options
Help! I bought a heart rate and calorie counting watch and it is reading 800-1000 more calories burned than my treadmill says.
My watch only asks for my age and sex while my treadmill does not ask for neither. Which one do i go off of? I would love to believe I'm burning 1500 calories a workout but i don't want to set myself up for disappointment. Can someone please help me.

Replies

• kimstwin
    kimstwin Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I think you should return the watch, buy a HRM with a chest strap for accuracy. My polar ft4 was $60 on bodytronics and is a popular and recommended HRM on this site. Until then, I would divide MFP calories burned by half and use that.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I think you should return the watch, buy a HRM with a chest strap for accuracy. My polar ft4 was $60 on bodytronics and is a popular and recommended HRM on this site. Until then, I would divide MFP calories burned by half and use that.

I agree, if you're going to rely on a HRM it needs to be a good one.
  • Stephanie_IRL
    Options
    Thanks I will look into it. I knew nothing about it until after I purchased it and I have been hearing a lot about Polar so I will definitely have to get one.