I need low carb recipes!!!!!

Options
TXBelle1174
TXBelle1174 Posts: 615 Member
Can someone please point me in the direction of some good low carb recipe ideas for meals? I cant just eat eggs and almond butter forever! LOL

Replies

• mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I make the following low carb (I make them in muffin tins for portion control). The whole family loves them.

• ⅜ cups Sugar
    • 2 whole Bananas Mashed, Medium Sized
    • ¼ cups Oil
    • 1 whole Egg
    • 1 cup Flour
    • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
    • ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
    • ¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
    • ¼ teaspoons Salt
    • ¼ cups Walnuts, Chopped
    • ¼ cups Chocolate Chips

Preheat your oven to 325F.
    Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
    Combine all ingredients in one large bowl and mix well. No need to use different bowls for wet and dry ingredients; just toss it all in one!
    Pour the batter into your loaf pan.
    Bake for 45-50 minutes. Watch it so it doesn’t overcook. I started testing at 45 minutes and cooked it about 48 minutes.
    It’s done when a toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown. Cool a little if you can stand it! Enjoy, this is yummy!
  • hi3cho
    hi3cho Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    http://www.menshealth.com/mhlists/cut_carbs/index.php

A good article to make stuff you like with cutting a lot of the carbs
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    shameless plug!

http://thelowcarbrecipes.com/menu

My website where i have made around 120 low carb recipes while I have been on a low carb diet myself
  • rituzza
    rituzza Posts: 6
    Options
    bump
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I make the following low carb (I make them in muffin tins for portion control). The whole family loves them.

• ⅜ cups Sugar
    • 2 whole Bananas Mashed, Medium Sized
    • ¼ cups Oil
    • 1 whole Egg
    • 1 cup Flour
    • 1 teaspoon Vanilla
    • ½ teaspoons Baking Soda
    • ¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
    • ¼ teaspoons Salt
    • ¼ cups Walnuts, Chopped
    • ¼ cups Chocolate Chips

Preheat your oven to 325F.
    Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
    Combine all ingredients in one large bowl and mix well. No need to use different bowls for wet and dry ingredients; just toss it all in one!
    Pour the batter into your loaf pan.
    Bake for 45-50 minutes. Watch it so it doesn’t overcook. I started testing at 45 minutes and cooked it about 48 minutes.
    It’s done when a toothpick comes out clean and the top is golden brown. Cool a little if you can stand it! Enjoy, this is yummy!

This sounds great! How many servings does it make and do you have the nutrition info?
  • GreatSetOfBrains
    GreatSetOfBrains Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LonnieMyrons
    Options
    Teriaki-pineapple turkey burger only 300calories

Orowheat sandwhich thins (only 100cal)
    4oz patty jennie O ground turkey grilled
    1-2 slices fresh pineapple (also may be grilled)
    1 teaspoon soy vay teriaki sauce.

Delicious and filling!
  • theNurseNancy
    Options
    Totally try spaghetti squash if you like pasta! I just heat the whole squash in the over at 375 for 45min- hr depending on how big the squash is. The slice in half lengthwise and use a fork to scrape the threads out. Just top it or whatever like you would normally.

This was my dinner tonight :]
    spaghettisquash.jpg
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    This girl posts low carb recipes - http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
  • LaPanadera
    LaPanadera Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Um, what pipe are you smoking from? Sugar, flour, banana and chocolate chips - there's nothing low carb about this recipe!

I second the lowcarbdiets.about.com. and here are a few more: buttoni.wordpress.com and mariahealth.blogspot.com and LowCarbFriends.com and GinnysLowCarbKitchen.com and www.healthyIndulgences.net.

These bloggers are a fantastic site for great recipes. Not only do most of them offer them up for free, when people comment on a recipe, most often the blogger may make an adjustment , so that you know that the recipe is the best one you can make. How many times have you followed a recipe in a cookbook, only to have it come out badly. A recipe offered by a blogger has it all workedout. No errors, no wasted ingredients.

I'm surprised any cookbooks are even sold anymore, with all this free stuff on the internet.