I don't look like I weigh as much as I do...

Options
I weigh about 240 pounds. I'm about 5'10" and I'm a girl... Maybe I'm just being too nice to myself, but I honestly can't fathom how I weigh as much as I do. Here's a very recent photo of myself (I weighed in on this same day and it said like 241lbs.) I don't know, be honest with me. I obviously know I need to lose more weight and have been working out, but it's really disappointing to see such a high number...

DSC05768.jpg
DSC05767.jpg

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    tried to fix it...didnt work
    make sure IMG is in lowercase img
  • stacyhagberg
    Options
    Yeahhh. do the links work?
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    Use the IMG and change the IMG to img
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Use lower case img link
  • stacyhagberg
    Options
    Haha, obviously I've never posted pics on here before. thanks! :)
  • stacyhagberg
    Options
    Thanks, got it working! :D
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I really dont think you look as heavy as you say you are, but I've always had the same problem.
  • stefizzle9109
    Options
    I have the same problem. When I got on the scale and saw 230 I about died. I am 5'6, but some people proportion their weight better.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I see the images. Being 5'10" helps (I'd love to be that tall), but you still look pretty soft. I would want to lose it. I'm sure lots of people would love to have your body. Make yourself happy!
  • chrisywilson23
    Options
    I wouldn't have thought so. I have the same problem I guess we are proportioned well!!!
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Luckily tall people carry weight well. I'm jealous, I'm a shorty ;-)
  • stacyhagberg
    Options
    Right, I know I definitely need to lose weight, but I'm -supposed- to weigh from 140-170... that's 70-100 pounds.. doesn't really seem right lol.
  • stacyhagberg
    Options
    Haha, well thank you. :)
  • stacyhagberg
    Options
    :D
  • Venice57
    Venice57 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's the height. I'm 5'10", too. We're lucky, but it is frustrating sometimes. That number can be very scary!
  • angelashay42
    Options
    You do carry your weight well. Don't be hard on yourself. Set a realistic goal, not every woman is meant to be 105 lbs. In my opinion, I think you would look awesome at around 180. Shoot for that as your long-term goal. Good luck!
  • stacyhagberg
    Options
    It's the height. I'm 5'10", too. We're lucky, but it is frustrating sometimes. That number can be very scary!

Ahh! I know! lol.
  • stacyhagberg
    Options
    You do carry your weight well. Don't be hard on yourself. Set a realistic goal, not every woman is meant to be 105 lbs. In my opinion, I think you would look awesome at around 180. Shoot for that as your long-term goal. Good luck!

Thank you <3
  • myogibbs
    myogibbs Posts: 182
    Options
    I have that problem too, even though I am not tall, like you...you do NOT look like you weigh that. Please don't get obsessed with the number. Remember muscle is denser than fat, so if you are muscular, you could weigh more and actually be smaller. I quit weighing myself b/c I just get so depressed at my weight. The only time I have ever been the weight I wanted to be, I got Strep Throat three times in a row b/c I just didn't have any immunity to anything. Everyone says I don't look like I weigh what I weigh but if I knew, I would just compare myself to others that weigh the same, even though I know better & I have a lot more muscle. Be healthy, whatever that is to you...
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    170 sounds like a reasonable goal for your height to me.

Maybe look at www.mybodygallery.com to get an objective look. (Always helps me - my body image is often skewed. Sometimes I think I look worse than I really do and sometimes I think I look better than I really do. haha)

Good luck with whatever goal you decide - after all it's all about what makes you healthy and feel good! :)