Best HRM for large people -

Options
I keep reading about the different kinds of HRMs and before I sink A LOT of money into one - what have you found to be the best/most accurate HRM for large people?

Thanks so much!!!!

Replies

• mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hey pretty lady!! From one large girl to another...I had great results with the polar ft4!! My fav by far! It fit around me @ 361 comfortably and I am confident in it's accuracy! I lost the strap in a move & bought a sportline, which is significantly cheaper...and it's good too. Do your research and decide what is right for you. :heart:
  • Thatsdatdiva601
    Thatsdatdiva601 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    This is a very good question. Since I have a smaller rib cage for being 5' 1" at 220lbs I didn't have that problem. Definitely check out the reviews on Amazon. Search the forum too for previous discussions on this or a similar topic if you don't get many responses.

I have to Polar FT4 as well. Since I have large breasts I try to position the reader which attaches to the belt in between my breasts and under my bras. Takes some getting used to as well. I have learned to make sure I have a connection before I HARNESS my sports bra up LOL
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Polar ft4. I'm in the mid 200's and it works perfectly fine with me, granted I bought the one for MENNN, but you gotta start somewhere right? Anyways, it's adjustable! P.S If you DO invest in this model, go on their website and order it from there. in stores, I've seen it for WAAAAY more than I bought mine for; like 20 bucks cheaper if you order at the right time! :flowerforyou:
  • diagyrl
    diagyrl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your responses - I have a HUGE ribcage --- I think I will still have a large one once I have lost my weight .... but hey that just means more room for my lungs when I have gotten rid of all the fat!!!!! LOL

I really appreciate your thoughts! I will be looking into the F4 - thanks for the tip on looking at buying it from the website itself!

Good luck & HAPPY LOSING!!!!! Hugs - Dia
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have a Garmin forerunner and <3 it. Especially for cycling and running since it has GPS.