what to do with extra calories

Options
i gained a bunch of extra calories from exercise today, but i'm low on the amount of carbs/fats/protein left! i've read a lot on the forums about how important it is to eat your exercise calories, but how can i get calories without going over on the carbs, etc? snack suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

c f p
Total: 1,191 188 32 37
Your Daily Goal: 1,469 201 48 55
Remaining: 278 13 16 18
*You've earned 269 extra calories from exercise today

Replies

• kilbou23
    kilbou23 Posts: 7
    Options
    i gained a bunch of extra calories from exercise today, but i'm low on the amount of carbs/fats/protein left! i've read a lot on the forums about how important it is to eat your exercise calories, but how can i get calories without going over on the carbs, etc? snack suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

c f p
    Total: 1,191 188 32 37
    Your Daily Goal: 1,469 201 48 55
    Remaining: 278 13 16 18
    *You've earned 269 extra calories from exercise today
  • hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem today. I just popped some 94% fat free popcorn knowing that would give me more calories, but it's so many carbs and so late at night! I don't understand how it knows how many proteins, fats, and carbs to add after so much exercise. It seems like my fat needs went way up after exercising. Does that make sense to you?
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    cheese /crackers
    latte
    hot chocolate- sugar free
    celery peanut butter
    who cares about carbs anyway. Key to weight loss is in caloric intake. Eat anything that is no more than 278 cals. Enjoy. I always enjoy them and still losing!!
  • richardbresnahan
    Options
    have you ever heard the term second wind? What that is referring to and is an example of is your body transitioning from burning carbs to burning stored fat. well as you burn fat some of it has to be replaced or your body will think it needs to store more, which in this case would be counter productive.:wink:
  • hamilton4beaumont
    hamilton4beaumont Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I guess I just have a hard time thinking that way... that more is ok and actually helpful to lose weight. I've done the under 1200 thing for years. You'd think I'd figure it out by now and trust the eat more premise!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Vegetables, lots and lots of vegies! Good for you and low in carbs. It's good that you monitor more then calories, it's not just how much you eat, it's just as important to watch what kind of foods you eat too. Try to work out your food in advance, make up a list of things you will eat for the day, if you can, try to anticipate days you are working out in advance and estimate how many extra cals you will be earning. Eventually, you will be able to work it out pretty accurately in your head without a list.
  • TwistedLiquid
    Options
    nuts
  • kilbou23
    kilbou23 Posts: 7
    Options
    thanks for the suggestions! =)