I just bought four pairs of pants that don't fit!

Options
Well, they kinda fit. In that they are a size too small and they are goal clothing for when I lose the next few pounds. I actually think this is really fun and I'd love to do it for every size.

But we're not all rich.

So I bought my goal clothes at Goodwill because when the jeans that are just ever so snug are $4.50 I can live with that. AND, I wont run out of clothes nearly as quickly because I have something to move down into. I find this exciting.

Do any of you guys buy goal clothes? How much are you willing to spend for them?

Replies

• Peppychristian
    Peppychristian Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I got rid of almost all my too small clothes a while back except for a few goal outfits. This I told myself that I would not buy anymore clothes until it was necessary. However, the other day I found several cute small tops on clearance for $3 to $5 each. The way I look at it is it gives me something to look forward to without being out too much.
  • rpatterson5
    Options
    That's great motivation! Love it when clothes fit better even if they aren't new!
  • rpatterson5
    Options
    Reward yourself though with something. Shoes always fit =) Purse, hair, nails etc. You deserve it!
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of this.. Whenever I catch a good sale on something I like, I tend to buy it a size down. Having them around help serve as a motivator and reminder that I'm not done yet. I'm a size 12, but I have 3 pairs of size 10, and 1 pair of size 8 jeans waiting for me once I lose the weight/inches.
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Oh definitely. I've bought the outfit from my profile picture already - in a UK 12 (USA 10). That's as small as I want to go and I've got a long way to get there, but I will. Do you have Boden in the USA? It's from there, pricey but very nice stuff in classic (although some whacky) designs. I've also bought a swimsuit from that shop in size (UK) 18... as the next step down - and a cheaper, not so pretty one in size 22 for me to wear right now.

I have a wardrobe full of stuff from sizes (UK) 14-22, I could open a shop! Maybe I will? First to go will be all the elasticated stuff, it's too easy to gain wait without acknowledging it when you have elastic in the waist. That's what I've learned - and to slow down when I walk past a mirror, not scuttle past like a crab on speed so I don't have to see myself... ; )
  • monkeypantz
    monkeypantz Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time! I have a goal play suit that I want to fit into by the start of May, it's a UK size 16 and even thought I'm a size 16 / 14 on top it just doesn't fit around my hips, so I'll be working towards slimming my hips and legs down as much as I can by the start of November for it!
  • DLDzioba
    DLDzioba Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    One of the pairs of jeans I have is actually my goal size. I'm afraid I'll never wear them so I gave them to my friend for now. They fit her at the moment.
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I bought one pair of jeans in a 26 and I fit comfortably into them now. I spent around 180 on them too so I had no choice but to work out and make them fit lol. Theres no way I was gonna just waste the money and have them sit there in the closet unworn.