Introducing Self

Options
melloyan
melloyan Posts: 4 Member
Hello everyone...well I'm trying this site out because a few friends who have also tried various diet plans thought this one was the easiest to follow...Yesterday I am in under my total calories and I was stuffed...I had 400 calories to go and most of them were carbs because I ate up the protein portion. I'm hoping to go slow and steady...about 1 lb a week. I love the exercise bike and how strong it makes my legs feel, but I don't like the way it makes my butt hurt...LOL.

Replies

• melloyan
    Options
    Hello everyone...well I'm trying this site out because a few friends who have also tried various diet plans thought this one was the easiest to follow...Yesterday I am in under my total calories and I was stuffed...I had 400 calories to go and most of them were carbs because I ate up the protein portion. I'm hoping to go slow and steady...about 1 lb a week. I love the exercise bike and how strong it makes my legs feel, but I don't like the way it makes my butt hurt...LOL.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Be patient - try to eat your calories - 400 under sounds like you could work into being too low which isn't good - we have to fuel our bodies.

This site is great and we are happy to have you here!
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome to MFP!
    I know what you mean about the exercise bike. I have one at home and I love it because I can read or watch tv while I am on it. But after about 30mins my butt falls asleep!

Becareful not to consistently be way under in your calories. Your body needs the fuel! And if you exercise you should eat back at least some of your exercise calories.

Anyways, welcome and good luck :happy:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

I do spinning and when I started my butt was SO SORE! Try standing up for intervals while pedaling, it helps to give your butt some movement, and when you sit back down it won't hurt so bad. I've been at it for 4 weeks now and my butt IS starting to adjust - so just remember that you'll get used to it. BEST OF LUCK! :happy:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • melloyan
    Options
    HI everyone. Thanks for the encouragement. I just restarted using MFP because I joined a group at my gym that gives you a fitness plan of 1200 calories a day to follow. It has to be a 2 to 1 ratio or a 1 to 1 ration carbs to protein. I have two work-outs with a trainer 2 days a week and the other days I'm supposed to work out doing cardio on my own. Using the rowing maching, bike, treadmill, etc for about 1 hour. 20/20/20 a piece. I notice walking uphill lets you loose lots of weight...it is hard to walk fast though. Days I work out I can go as high as 1600 for my weight. I've been on the diet a few days and am feeling headachey. But the program works. I had to go into a BodPod...the program is very much like The Biggest Loser. So I'm hoping to lose 15-20 in 8 weeks which is how long the program is.
  • Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 36
    Options
    If you are using the standard carb , fat, protein, you may want to readjust.

It's light on the protein and heavier on the carbs

oh , and Welcome!
  • patty09
    patty09 Posts: 105
    Options
    hi would you like to join me starting 20 july, need your support!
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Today is my first day too! :happy: :flowerforyou: :love:

I love this site... many more features than the last one I used.

Best Wishes to you! :smooched: :heart:

My tips are:

Drink lots of water
    Move-Move-Move
    Stretch, Walk and Exercise Regularly
    Stay on Track but don't get discouraged when fall outs happen
    and Have Fun!!! :love: :bigsmile: