Can't get off the junk

Options
I am still losing, but lately I have been having a treat per day, instead of per week. I'm having a lot of trouble eating clean... really need to get back on track but I have absolutely no motivation to stop eating the junk!... Any one have any advise?

Replies

• strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am still losing, but lately I have been having a treat per day, instead of per week. I'm having a lot of trouble eating clean... really need to get back on track but I have absolutely no motivation to stop eating the junk!... Any one have any advise?

Why are you having those treats? You don't need them!!! You are probably having them because you want them and that is something you need to tell yourself- that you don't need them. Try to set a goal to have one treat on Sunday for example- as a reward for not having any during the week. Are you working out? If so, then have a treat on your off day...you don't want to put "junk" in your body on those days when you invest your time and effort to make it feel and look better, right? I am sorry if I sound mean or something...but there is no other way to go around it. Set a goal, say NO and reward yourself for saying no!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I know this is NOT the advice anyone ever wants to hear lol..
    But you have to just say NO. I will NOT eat junk food today. If you eat it every day, your body craves it, and thinks it needs it. Even if you over eat a little compensate ( an extra 200cal snack or something) keep it healthy. After a couple days the sugar cravings goes right away, I promise :flowerforyou:
  • injuneer81
    injuneer81 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I guess you can replace with something less caloric that is still a "goody"

If you are losing weight then I say go for it. Just keep track of what your doing
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    If you list your treats we can probably make suggestions based on that.
  • SaraAnne
    SaraAnne Posts: 53
    Options
    I've been the same way. For me it's partly stress and sleep deprivation that makes me crave junk food. I just cant shake the cravings for anything sweet lately!!
    I'm glad you posted this though, bc it made me remember what a fitness instructor said once after a workout class:

Your body craves what you continuously give it.

I agree with kimiquious... Sometimes you do just have to say NOOO to the junk.
    Unfortunately, it's been easier said than done for me lately...
  • MissesOfficer
    Options
    Its mainly cookies! Once in awhile I'll have poutine or something, but for the most part my meals aren't bad at all.. its cookies and sometimes homemade treats like strawberry shortcake
  • czewwhat
    czewwhat Posts: 8,715
    Options
    double topic, but just in case here is the info on chocolate and coffee from FDA

Might be thinking about your coffee too! read the following!

Food Defect Action Level
    CHOCOLATE AND CHOCOLATE LIQUOR Insect filth
    (AOAC 965.38) Average is 60 or more insect fragments per 100 grams when 6 100-gram subsamples are examined
    OR
    Any 1 subsample contains 90 or more insect fragments
    COFFEE BEANS, GREEN
    Insect Filth and Insects
    Average 10% or more by count are insect-infested or insect-damaged

DEFECT SOURCE: Insect fragments – post harvest and/or processing insect infestation
  • mythos23
    mythos23 Posts: 15
    Options
    I turned to low glycemic snacks and upped my fruit intake, now i could leave a box of cookies on the counter and the only one in the house who will eat out of them is the dog
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Honestly strawberry shortcake isn't that bad if you nix the cool whip. Just have fresh sweetened strawberries and the cake and a dollop of real hand whipped cream if you must.

Cookies- try homemade oatmeal cookies.
  • brandifry
    brandifry Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have bought fruit, and I also bought those 100 calorie snack packs that are cookie thin crisps! Yogurt is a great snack too for a sweet tooth! It is hard, I know, but just making better choices at the grocery store will help! Good luck!
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Dark Chocolate covered coffee beans are my favorite "treat" that isn't too bad for me. I think i have heard dark chocolate is ok for ya. lol. and i only have 5-10 per day.

Make yourself some healthy cookies using splenda and oatmeal and whole wheat flour. If you like chocolate, add some dark chocolate chips. Mmmm... :drinker: