Been gone too long...

Options
Well I joined mfp a couple years ago and lost 40 pounds using it. Then my beloved grandma lost her 9 year battle with breast cancer and from there it was a downward spiral. I was depressed and made some terrible mistakes but in the past year I've found forgiveness and a comfort in knowing my grandma is no longer in pain. So I've clawed my way back up, and I'm ready to finish what I started (I gained all that 40 back plus some) and find happiness and peace again. Any encouragement is great, I have at least 150 pounds to lose.

Replies

• IndigenousStardust
    IndigenousStardust Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and good luck :)
  • sheltieroger
    sheltieroger Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I hear you...I have fallen off the wagon (and gotten run over by it too...) I am so sorry to hear about your grandma....cancer is such a horrid beast.
    Hugs and encouragement to you
    Beth
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    She passed just a few days before the Susan G. Komen walk where she lived and so we walked for her and i promised for as long as I'm able I will be at one every year walking for her, but my goal is to one day be able to run it.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Forgetting those things that are behind, press forward toward the goal that is set before you. This is a new day. You can do it. Start today -- fresh. Welcome back. Sorry to hear of your grandmother's demise. I am sure she is a special lady. I say is, because I am confident that her existence continues albeit in another state. That being said, often I find that the greatest forgiveness most of us need to engage in is forgiving OURSELVES. Forget the past. Live in the present for a brighter future.
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Thanks y'all, I'm excited, I hope I can just stay excited!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    welcome back ...