hard time eating ?

Options
taryn_09
taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
does anyone have issues hitting calories? i know as a trainer that i need more calories then i get
i normally run a 3 mile sprint in 17.5 min / day
then add about 3 days of weight training as well.

my thing says i need 1580 just to maintain not tracking exercise which means really i need MORE
im full after about maybe 1400 cal. && i think its a number thing on knowing that if i eat more ill be okay,

im 5'5 and 107 (so i actually do need to gain about 5 pounds).

advice?! :[

good thing my clients arent in this situation!

Replies

• mb418
    mb418 Posts: 2
    Options
    If you're looking to gain weight, you shouldn't be working out as much as you do now.
    Just eat most of your carbs at night before you sleep and you'll definitely gain weight.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    By "thing" do you mean mfp? Did you set it for maintenance because if not then it's already calculating in a deficit for you which could mean you're even lower than you think you are.

Integrate a few high calorie whole foods in your diet and you should have no problem upping the cals. Cook your veggies in a tbsp of olive oil to add 100 or so to the meal. Nuts of all kinds will boost you. Peanut butter. Cheese. You don't have to eat unhealthy to eat higher calorie.
  • taryn_09
    taryn_09 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    its on maintenance i made sure of that, i havent lost weight im trying the whole do less working out. running has always been my stress reliever so i went from doing long amounts (like an hour) to my sprints cause i feel like its effective still but doesnt have me there burning so many calories. and ive noticed now that i do add more weights i am slightly more hungry.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    If you're looking to gain weight, you shouldn't be working out as much as you do now.
    Just eat most of your carbs at night before you sleep and you'll definitely gain weight.

broscience-alan-aragon-e1276617690872.jpg

To the OP:
    Sanitarium_Natur_4dce2327c337f.jpg

ist2_2890967_spoon.jpg
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    broscience-alan-aragon-e1276617690872.jpg

That's awesome! Almost as good as a broscience button!