LA Area Dieters - Your Suggestions Welcome

Options
I've been a member of MyFitness Pal for a few weeks now . I LOVE IT! I have been on Weight Watchers for about 3 years now and - since then - have become very aware of food. Moreso than any time in my life. I live in Los Angeles, so am fortunately surrounded by a lot of healthy food options. However, I am always surprised when a so-called "health food" restaurant doesn't offer options that are low cal / low fat. So I decided to start a blog where I will suss out places in and around Southern California that offer truly waist-reducing options on their menus (people who actually offer FAT FREE cottage cheese, FAT FREE salad dressings and low-cal options to their menu items). I'd love to have you guys pipe in if you have suggestions.

You can email your suggestions to me via the blog - and overall - let me know what you think. The blog address is:

http://localinsocal.blogspot.com/

Meanwhile, I will continue my daily calorie counting ritual with MyFitnessPal! This is the only thing that is keeping me on track!!! THANK YOU!!

Replies

• lovesdaisies
    Options
    I've been a member of MyFitness Pal for a few weeks now . I LOVE IT! I have been on Weight Watchers for about 3 years now and - since then - have become very aware of food. Moreso than any time in my life. I live in Los Angeles, so am fortunately surrounded by a lot of healthy food options. However, I am always surprised when a so-called "health food" restaurant doesn't offer options that are low cal / low fat. So I decided to start a blog where I will suss out places in and around Southern California that offer truly waist-reducing options on their menus (people who actually offer FAT FREE cottage cheese, FAT FREE salad dressings and low-cal options to their menu items). I'd love to have you guys pipe in if you have suggestions.

You can email your suggestions to me via the blog - and overall - let me know what you think. The blog address is:

Meanwhile, I will continue my daily calorie counting ritual with MyFitnessPal! This is the only thing that is keeping me on track!!! THANK YOU!!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Cool! I"m in SoCal also and can't wait to check out your suggestions!
  • lovesdaisies
    Options
    Thanks! It's brand new so there isn't a whole lot there yet. But I promise - there will be!!!If you have any places you like to eat or products you like to buy, let me know and I"ll check them out. I also want to write about things like trainers and hiking trails and biking trails and other activities in and around LA. Sort of a place where LA folks can go for support and suggestions. I work with a girl who is on Weight Watchers, as well. We trade suggestions all the time. I hope that this blog will be an extension of that. Of COURSE, I'm going to write about My Fitness Pal! (In fact, it will probably be tomorrow's entry). I love this site and love the info and support it offers.

Whatever helps me get to my goal...is a good thing!