I absolutely love my digital food scale

Options
Valtishia
Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
I have had for a while but I was just thinking how great it is when I was using it to weigh out my dinner portions for later this evening.
Anybody else love thier food scale?

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I would like one but don't want to spend a small forturne. Where'd you get yours?
  • lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I have now been able to stop "overestimating" on my peanut butter intake. It was amazing what 2 tbsp looked like in my mind and what reality shows.
  • joj7bat
    joj7bat Posts: 30
    Options
    YEAH!!! I super love mine too! I'm glad others out there are will to share the love:heart::heart:
    I bought mine at a Wal-Mart Super Center - I think it was $20 (Taylor Lithium brand). Its really easy to use and I haven't even had to change the battery yet (and its been almost a year!).
  • queen3510
    queen3510 Posts: 180
    Options
    I love my scale too!!! It helps me know just how much food I really am getting. the package will say a certain amount of servings per package according to the serving size, but when measured out, it doesn't always equal what the bag says.

I like using the grams measurement the most. I got mine at Wal-mart too and it was not expensive at all. It's been over 2 years since I've had it so I don't quite remember what the actual price was. I kept my eye on it until it was within the price I wanted to pay.

The actual serving size of food is definitely an eye-opener!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    It's a necessity! I can't believe how much different, and how much more, I ate withouth it!

I don't have a digital one, just a manual one with a little bowl on top, It cost me $12 at bed, Bath & Beyond. No need to spend a small fortune! I'd like to upgrade to a digital one soon though, :)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,926 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I bought my digital food scale at a local kitchen shop as my treat when I lost my first five pounds. I can't imagine life without it.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I would like one but don't want to spend a small forturne. Where'd you get yours?

I have the same one as joj7bat.. I paid about $20 at walmart as well.
    I have seen some that can be ridiculously pricy but this one is cheap and works great!!
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options

I have seen some that can be ridiculously pricy but this one is cheap and works great!!

Ive seen the 20$ one at walmart and wondered how well it worked...thanks :flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I bought the cheapest one Walmart sells- $5. Not digital, but works like a charm :wink:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

Neat!! I want one too, but already got a pedomoter, and a heart rate moniter. I didn't wanna be greedy or spend a fortune. Thanks for the info! I'll get one soon as I am allowed to go out. lol
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I have now been able to stop "overestimating" on my peanut butter intake. It was amazing what 2 tbsp looked like in my mind and what reality shows.

I've started measuring my peanut butter too- I was shocked how little a tablespoon really is.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I love mine too--I feel so much better knowing how much I'm eating. Lately I've been making fruit smoothies in the morning, I put the blender pitcher on the scale and weigh out the yogurt and all the different fruits, taring between each one. Initially I bought a cheap one but it wasn't accurate for the really small quantities for single servings, so I got a $50 digital one at a kitchen shop :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    I :heart: shopping
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Be careful. That thing is easy to grow too attached to. Think about it: do you really want to go through life chained to a food scale?

I loved mine at first. I'm really trying to cut back on how much I use it. Use it to teach yourself portions, then only break it out on occasion. And you'll feel much more confident when you can spot--anywhere--what a tablespoon is.
  • Chiny
    Chiny Posts: 321
    Options
    I bought the cheapest one Walmart sells- $5. Not digital, but works like a charm :wink:

I believe I have the same one. I paid about $5 for one at Walmart. It's white, not digital and comes with a bowl. I'm embarassed to admit I'm retarted when it comes to weighing food. I never know if I should weigh meat frozen or after it's cooked and a bunch of other stuff :embarassed:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

I believe I have the same one. I paid about $5 for one at Walmart. It's white, not digital and comes with a bowl. I'm embarassed to admit I'm retarted when it comes to weighing food. I never know if I should weigh meat frozen or after it's cooked and a bunch of other stuff :embarassed:

I just got a "Biggest Loser" digital scale at Bed Bath and Beyond for $20...so far it's perfect!

I also had some difficulty weighing things, but when I posted about getting a new scale and asked a question, I got a lot of helpful responses. Check it out: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/68094-yay-i-got-a-new-food-scale