Returning Noob!

Options
So, it's not my first time here, it's not my first attempt at losing weight, and changing my lifestyle, but I sincerely hope it will be my last! I'm endeavouring to complete the 90 Day Challenge, which is a lifestyle changing program, run by a local gym in Australia. This is my second attempt at the Challenge, I did one this time last year, and after a couple of amazing weeks, where I DID change my life, I became quite sick with glandular fever, and had to 'give up' for a few months. This, of course, turned into more than a few months, due to laziness, and my unwillingness to try again. But, I'm back now, and that's the main thing, right!!!

I'm an educator, with 2 boys, 5 and 8, and a husband who does shift work. Things are never, ever quiet in our house, and 'me time' can be a very rare occurance.

I'm up to day 3 in the Challenge. The first time around, I lost 8.1 kilograms in the first week, which is 17.8 pounds, for those who use pounds. Which was quite phenomenal. My first goal, is to HOPEFULLY do something similar this time round. I don;t expect to get the same result, as I gave up pepsi max last time, and this time, I'm choosing not too, as headaches were horrendous!!!

So, my first goal of 10 kilos is within reach, within my first 2 weeks, hopefully. My problems begin AFTER school, when my 2 ultra skinny boys do NOT need to stick to the eating program that is set for me, and I am NOT allowed to touch their food!!!!!! lol

All positive though. Looking forward to meeting people in the same situation, and share all the highs and lows!!

Replies

• ladiwulf1983
    Options
    What does this diet entail? that sounds like a lot of weight to lose so quickly. i hope it works out for you this time. xxxx
  • nae_cox79
    Options
    It's supposed to be all about the timing of meals, and what you include in them. Every meal is supposed to have a serve of protein, a serve of carbs, and a serve of vegies. It's EXTREMELY strict, and I need that. No additives like salts, and sugars. No milk or milk products for the 90 days, and no fruit, due to the high levels of natural sugar. But only for 90 days, for maximum weight loss. After that, of course, you can have your fruit and milks and things. It was a lot of weight, but it just proved to me how much crud my hubby and I were eating. And how much we needed to do it. They have a facebook page, Food Patrol, and a website too. I DO stand by it as a tool to really kickstart my weight loss, because I need the strictest of regimes.. I can't have 'a day off a week' because I'm one that would then say, 'ok Tuesday will be my day off'.. then when it comes to Thursday, 'Oh, Thursday will be my day off too, and I'll skip my day off next week'.. and then I spiral out of control again lol. It's not for everyone though, so, fingers crossed it will be all good.
    If you need more info, HAPPY to respond to messages. But, like I said, it's the hardest eating plan I've ever seen! And I WILL do it..

Pffft... what's 90 days, for the rest of my life?? And THIS is my mantra for the next 87!!!
  • nae_cox79
    Options
    Alright, I even put my real weight on my ticker, as it's not something I tend to admit to, but I suppose it's my first step to acknowledging how terribly I've been doing of late. So, it's out there now!!!
  • ladiwulf1983
    Options
    Sounds interesting, i like you don't allow myself a 'free day' as i will take far to much advantage of it. i just try and keep to my calorie goal which in 37 days ive only gone over once, i don't know if that diet would be any good for me and would have to consult my doctor as i have low calcium as it is and without the diary i might get myself into trouble. but ill see if i can find the website so i can a least discuss with her.
  • Qattusa
    Qattusa Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of the 90 day challenge! I have started doing the Insanity workout today, and I am giving myself 90 days to improve too. Add me if you would like a buddy! :-) xxx
  • nae_cox79
    Options
    it is hard, it is strict, the gym that runs it is amazing.. they have a fake police car, and they are called 'Commissioner', 'Sargeant Snoop Dogg', and other police-y like names, and IF you cheat on the program, and someone (usually a loved one or friend) dobs you in, they come and do a raid on your house lol.. all in fun of course, and they sometimes do blood sugar tests, just to keep you honest. Its a bit of fun, when so many people fail because of the boring monotony of it all!!!

And I cheated and weighed in after day 4.... its GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!! Can't wait til Monday, needed that little motivation to know its working, very well!!