What motivates you the MOST??

Options
We all say we want to lose weight to be healthy, or wear small clothes...

For me, I would like to no longer be the "fat" one in the family.. and oh yeah my sister n law who is always competing with me (when I lose 2 lbs she claims to lose 4 lbs...) yeah I would like to be smaller then her. lol

And the most important thing for me.. instead of envying celebrities, I would like to look like one..

what is the absolute most motivating thing for you??

Replies

• johncaraher
    johncaraher Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It's probably a weird obsession with numbers at this point... (yeah, I'm strange). Oh, and I guess comments on progress from my wife.
  • Queen_M
    Queen_M Posts: 70
    Options
    Feeling confident naked. I make it sound like I'm an uncomfortable nudist or something, but I'd love to be able to just lounge around naked with my boyfriend without grabbing a towel or the duvet to cover up with. I know he hates that I'm insecure about it and I know he think I'm sexy the way I am, but I don't quite feel it.

I also want to be able to wear dresses without wearing tights. I always wear black tights with my dresses because I hate my legs which totally cuts down on the dresses I can wear because some dresses are made for bare legs. I have a really cute dress that I bought to wear in summer and I can't wait to get my new legs out in it :).
  • mblair1968
    mblair1968 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I want to feel comfortable with myself. I would like to look in the mirror, and not think "Damn, you are fat!" I also enjoy seeing my work get results. The numbers going down, after working out and eating healthy feels great.
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    Been married 13 years and hubby has never seen me in a dress. I did weigh 120 when we married, but after having my gall bladder removed, I gained fast. I am going to wear a real nice dress on November 02::)
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm moving to a different part of the country in August (for school), and I love the idea that people there never have to know me as a chubby girl.
  • Novikay
    Novikay Posts: 62
    Options
    i don't want to ever look how I used to!
  • duharvalgt
    duharvalgt Posts: 320
    Options
    to be more aesthetic
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    Nothing motivates me like having fun. Fun dancing at Jazzercise, swimming at my gym, long walks out doors, and the gentle flow of Tai Chi. It's been so good to feel fluid and graceful and strong again! OK, shopping has been more fun too....
  • Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Many of the things people have already mentioned motivate me - feeling confident (including, if not especially, when naked), getting into some nice clothes I have that no longer fit and being better at sports is a good aim for me.

Also though thinking about what I've done already motivates me. Like giving up now after all those gym sessions and super healthy days would have made all that effort pointless and I don't want that!
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Two things: my sister, who has lost SOOOO much weight and looks absolutely fantastic.

Secondly: getting in to my old clothes again. It's so satisfying and motivating for me in a way that the scales aren't! (Scales are not my friend...hahaha.)
  • apple2107
    apple2107 Posts: 47
    Options
    Mmm, for me, they are:
    - Getting into old clothes: What do you know, I was able to fit in perfectly some pair of jeans I haven't worn for like 2 years or so now (some of them, I only wore a few times back then before I decided they didn't fit me comfortably).
    - Imagining the expressions of some people I will meet this summer (that I haven't seen since before I started working out!!!)
    - And yea, the drop in scale every few days :3
  • jenniferg83
    jenniferg83 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Old pictures and memories of not being happy or healthy. Also what motivated me the most is wondering if i can do something workout wise and then doing it. Looking back and comparing myself to me and no one else is a huge thing
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Having that corset-flat stomach with a nice back arch, and thin arms to leave the sleeves behind.
  • andieb75
    andieb75 Posts: 26
    Options
    making my body strong to hopefully do what i can to avoid family history of Osteoporsis and Osteoarthritis.
  • andieb75
    andieb75 Posts: 26
    Options
    Oh..and my black bikini!
  • LoriBarefoot
    LoriBarefoot Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    My own body. Looking at it, feeling all the extra blubber.. it disgusts me... makes me feel physically sick.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Feeling good and healthy. that's it.
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm raising four daughters and we are entering the teen years, adn I realize that I've not taken care of myself. I want my girls to know their mom cares about her body, inside and out. My outside is having a huge impact on my inside, and I need to get this down and I want my girls to see that I'm trying, that it is hard, but that I am suceeding. Hopefully I pull it off...
  • mslack01
    mslack01 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Seeing my stomach flat and thinking my belly button is starting to look cute! :)
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    That bikini sitting on top of my dresser! I AM wearing it this summer and pulled it out to remind myself!