KONY 2012 - PLEASE READ!

Options
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Please, take 30 minutes of your time to watch this video.

Replies

• theLadidah
    Options
    I almost posted this on here - such an enormous community to open this up to.

This is a brilliant video and hopefully, it'll change the world - if we can get enough people helping and that can only happen if people know, so spread the word wherever you can, let everyone know about this man and about his crimes against humanity.
  • theLadidah
    Options
    Further information:

Kony 2012, named after the infamous leader of Christian terrorist group the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA), is a film and campaign by humanitarian group Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, "not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice".

The documentary describes the plight of Uganda through the eyes of a former LRA child soldier, Jacob, and the director Jason

The film focuses heavily on the issue of child soldiers, with Kony’s LRA reportedly having up to 30,000 boys and girls who are used as soldiers and sex slaves.

Kony is alleged to have fathered over 200 children during his 26 years on the run from the Ugandan government.

Invisible Children, an activist group that campaigns to end genocide and crimes against humanity, said the goal of Kony 2012 was to raise awareness about one of the world’s most brutal warlords in an effort to expedite his arrest.

Source: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8431277
  • modgirlrachel
    modgirlrachel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Was just about to post this too, because I know a lot of people on here end up spending more time on MFP over FB.

Bumping.
  • LesleeAH
    LesleeAH Posts: 64
    Options
    If you're going to watch the video you should also read this: visiblechildren.tumblr.com

There's always more than one side to a story.
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    It's gone major viral, which is great. That guy is an atrocity to man kind.
  • samanthagreen3
    samanthagreen3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I must def need to watch this later! It's been all over facebook and WoW.
  • theLadidah
    Options
    If you're going to watch the video you should also read this: visiblechildren.tumblr.com

There's always more than one side to a story.

Absolutely definitely have to agree with this - watch the video and read this tumblr. Make your own mind up about it, but have a think about it as a whole - they should be spread together, they're not in opposition.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I have been telling EVERYONE I know about this, posting on facebook and twitter. People need to be aware of the things going on in our world.