NSV? Yes, please!!!

Options
AwesomelyAmber
AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
Yesterday during my lunch break, I went to get myself a couple new shirts... My mom had told me that if I didn't 'break out of the black' she was going to go shopping for me:ohwell: ! Quite frankly I would love that but since I'm 32 years old, I'm probably too old to have my mommy shop for me! Ha ha I bought two, one green and one brown. I didn't have time to try them on in the store. Once I got home I tried the one in 'my size' first and it was HUGE! I have to take it back and see if there is another in a smaller size (or two!) because the hubby LOVED the color on me... The one that was 'sure to be too small' fit AWESOME! I'm wearing it today! One day I just might realize that I am not as big as I once was... maybe:wink: !

Replies

• bigmamaS4
    bigmamaS4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!! I am so happy for you!!
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Awesome feeling!
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Fantastic.

Congrats, you must (quite rightly) be feeling very chuffed.
  • pinepl
    pinepl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thats great!! Good job!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Yay...great story Amber....you need to spend some time shopping and trying things on in the stores so you can realize how far you've come!!
  • Keeta83
    Keeta83 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! I know how good this feels as I was just able to put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn in nearly 3 years. Keep up the hard work, your doing great!!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    woot! someone gave me a bunch second hand clothes. most all of them are colors & styles I'd never have bought, including a lemon yellow blouse. Never in a hundred years have I purchased or worn lemon yellow but it looks GREAT! I get compliments every time I wear it and I wear it a lot.
    Sometimes we need to break out of our routine- try something new. Change is good and COLOR IS BEAUTIFUL!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love those NSV's! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats.
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Similar NSV of my own today. I pulled a shirt out of my closet that I haven't worn since fall because the weather hasn't been warm enough. It hangs off of me. I thought I could pull it off though, but as I was walking in to work a big gust of wind blew by and I accidentally exposed myself!!
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    theoneandonlybrookie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Lovely NSV! Congratulations and enjoy all of the fun shopping in your future. :smile:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Yayy! Good job!
  • Mama_CAEI
    Mama_CAEI Posts: 235
    Options
    I love those kinds of NSVs!!
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Similar NSV of my own today. I pulled a shirt out of my closet that I haven't worn since fall because the weather hasn't been warm enough. It hangs off of me. I thought I could pull it off though, but as I was walking in to work a big gust of wind blew by and I accidentally exposed myself!!

:laugh: How horrible and WONDERFUL all at the same time!

To all: Thanks! and yes Heidi... I really really do need to take a day (or anything longer than 10min!) and go shopping and try on stuff instead of just grabbing it off the rack and saying "yeah probably!" hahahaha
  • AwesomelyAmber
    Options
    Fantastic.

Congrats, you must (quite rightly) be feeling very chuffed.

Craig! I love it! I will use that word all day... chuffed... definately!
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Love it!:heart: Congrats Amber! :drinker:
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

(the clothes my mom picked out for me tend to be the ones I get compliments on.....and I'm much older than you... Apparently my mom knew how to dress me. Or at least was willing to spend a little more than I am..which meant choosing what she liked over what was left at Ross... but I totally know what you mean about it seeming weird.)
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!! That is a wonderful feeling!!
  • caitlinsmom07
    caitlinsmom07 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for being such a doofus guys but I see it everywhere on this site, what is NSV?
  • SLRamirez2012
    Options
    *like* :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!