hungry late at night

Options
i'm ALWAYS hungry at like midnight. i drink water, i eat my dinner later.. any tips on how i can stop it?

Replies

• lulabellewoowoo
    lulabellewoowoo Posts: 3,125 Member
    Options
    Any particular reason why you're still awake at midnight? Work? School? Insomnia?

Maybe brushing your teeth and going to bed if that's an option. When I find that I'm that hungry, sometimes it is just because I'm overtired and I keep eating thinking somehow I'm going to get energy.
  • drtbottom
    drtbottom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do that as well, i just started 5 small meals a day to curb that and i write everything down, that way you can see that you've eaten all the calories for that day and force yourself to go in the room. LOL and lock the door. Also, if you have only healthy options to chew on and things that need to be cooked, you may not be so apt to eat. Get some celery and carrots in there. About 2 celery sticks with 2 tbsp of peanut butter and that should hold you over, or pickles. The sodium is a little high but no calories.
  • pinksultana
    pinksultana Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness i was just going to post the same question - my hunger woke me up at 4am this morning, i tried drinking water but it didnt touch the sides, i ended up eating about 5 grapes which took the edge off so i got back to sleep, but woke up ravenous again at brekky time!!! I didnt know what to do as I didnt want to eat anything at 4am and use up my day time calorie allowance. I hope it oesnt happen gain, but if anyone has an idea of what to do if it does happen would be appreciate

xxPINK
  • sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Are you eating much fibre and protein? They are known to keep you fuller longer.