Dress sizes dropped

Options
:smile: Hi I have lost 39lbs but only dropped 1 dress size has anyone else experienced the same thing? :smile:

Replies

• natyts
    natyts Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Wow that seems crazy , I always thought they said 10lb was a dress size hmm ? Keep up the good work thought sounds like you have done fantastic x
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Yup - down 34lb, but one dress-size, if that. Mostly just fitting things better. Dress-size depends on your physical frame as well as how well-padded it is, though, so don't be too discouraged. Even if I were to be skin-and-bones, I'd still be no smaller than a UK 14 at best (I'm a comfortable 18 now).
  • smudger_24
    smudger_24 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thats great well done. Its different for everyone, I have heard people say that a stone (14lbs) is usually a dress size. I have lost 41lbs and dropped nearly 3 (not quite yet though).

Just keep up the good work, it will happen everyone different shapes and sizes.

xxx
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Totally depends on what size you are in and the brand. Larger sizes (plus sizes) allow for more weight, where smaller sizes are usually a 5-10.

*edited to add*
    I have only dropped one size as well, and I have lost 25 since Starting MPF, but around 14 before, so that is 39 lbs as well and still only gone down the one size.
  • nikiprime
    nikiprime Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks I will do but it's annoying that I' ve not gone down in dress size. There is nothing better then going shopping for new clothes x
  • twinmom01
    twinmom01 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I have lost 26 lbs and just now am fitting into a smaller size...I was a 16 - and now I can fit comfortably into a 14...

A lot depends on where you are loosing your weight too - I know for me I lost a bulk of inches in my thighs (last time I measures - 3 inches in each thigh) and narrowed my sides...but my waist and hips have only gone down about an inch (I have a very curvy build - these hips aren't going away - my 5'8 sister with the washboard abs has the same hips) - so for me as far as pants and such...for them to fit in the hips the size isn't going to change that much...I know for dresses I own a lot of the matte jersey type ones - the kind with the empire type waist and a flowy skirt - in Large - they still fit but I would say if I were to buy them today i could probably fit into a medium with no problem
  • MrsTattie
    MrsTattie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    If you are like me - you have squeezed yourself into the bigger clothes not wanting to buy even bigger sizes.... In fact lying to yourself about your real weight / size....apologies if this isn't the case! Well done on the weight loss and keep it up!
  • SarahR1984
    SarahR1984 Posts: 212
    Options
    I lost 35lbs and went from size 13/14 to 11/12, so I know what you mean. I looked a ton better and it was a very noticable difference. I think it's my body structure. My waist is naturally wide, even when I was skinny. So my pants are bigger. Also I only went down 1 size in tops. From XXL to LG. Try taking pics to keep track of your progress, don't rely on sizes. My difference in weight was awesome, but I couldn't tell from the sizes I was wearing.
  • nickims4
    nickims4 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you are like me - you have squeezed yourself into the bigger clothes not wanting to buy even bigger sizes.... In fact lying to yourself about your real weight / size....apologies if this isn't the case! Well done on the weight loss and keep it up!

This was me! My clothes were becoming really tight and uncomfortable on me but I refused to buy more. 21lbs down and they're fitting much better (in fact my jeans keep slipping down) but I'm not quite comfortably into the next size down. I'm hoping they'll fit in another 7lbs.....
  • Annmarie49
    Options

This was what i was going to suggest....... keep up the great work!!
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    its all a matter of how big you were at your starting point and where you lost the weight from, i have dropped a pant size with a small weight loss but lots of toning/muscle....i havent yet lost all my back fat so i am still wearing the same tops as before, i figure since thats the area of my body i hate the most it will be the last to go..lol
    your weight loss is awesome and i wouldnt focus too much on sizes yet, just continue on your healthy eating/lifestyle an the changes will happen eventually.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Probably depends on the style of the dress. Keep up the good work. Bet you look hot.
  • newtattie
    newtattie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I agree completely that it depends on your shape and everyone is different - a lot of people lose weight unevenly. Like many you may have a part of your body you are more aware of, the part where you carry the most weight and have always carried weight - this is probably the last part to lose and will take longer to show the lbs coming off.

I am a typical hourglass shape - I carry weight on my legs and thighs with a small waist - after starting as a UK size 16 chest and hip with a size 12/14 waist I just bought a size 8 skirt at the weekend which was possible as it was fitted at the waist but not anywhere else, but my chest and hips are still size 16 - possibly 14 at a push.

I have lost from my waist before anywhere else - look at your shape, you have probably dropped a few sizes somewhere just not realised it, the rest will come off gradually, at least I hope so!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Kind of depends on the dress style. With some dresses I can wear the same thing as when I was 30 pounds heavier than now. I think pants are a better indicator.
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    That is great! Keep it up. I think it is more. 10-15 pounds a size when you get closer to goal and how your body shape is. But one one dress is a great accomplishment! Congrats.
  • hopeful23455
    hopeful23455 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I had always heard that same 10lbs/dress size thing. But, I've lost 25lbs, and only down 1.5 pant sizes. I say 1.5, because I started out in crazy-tight 12s, and I'm now in super loose 10s or 8s that are a little snug.

For me I think it's bone structure/build; my hips are just out there, always have been. I can reduce the padding that's covering them, but I can't make them "smaller". It is what it is.