I hate 30DS :)

Options
After my day 1 level 1 yesterday.. I am so sore today... cannot do 30DS or go to the gym. It hurts to just get up and walk. I hate Jillian... My thighs are killing me ...............ouch !!!

Replies

• k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Well good job finishing the first workout, better than I did! 3/4 of the way through it kicked my butt. I have developed a healthy dislike for Jillian Michaels, lol.
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Being sore is a good thing, means you worked those muscles :) The soreness tapers down (in my experience) once you do it a few times. Keep it up, the results are SO worth it! Tomorrow I do day 2 of level 3
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I took three days off after my first day of 30DS! Don't worry, it does get better, but don't be afraid to take a few days off and let your muscles heal. You'll be able to get back at it and you won't be THAT sore again. Hang in there! Advil helped take the edge off for me.
  • k011185
    k011185 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    After reading this I got inspired to try again and finally made it all the way through, thank you! lol.
  • tanklissa
    tanklissa Posts: 70
    Options
    That means that your muscles are being worked - it's a good thing.

I finished day 4 today. Slowly, but surely the pain is going away :)
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    You'll learn to embrace your hatred of Jillian. I have a very strong love hate relationship her. Mi find yelling at her helps get through it! LOL! That said.....did anyone else see that she's coming out with a new kickboxing DVD?
  • kerrymyrm
    kerrymyrm Posts: 12
    Options
    I did Day One today and am right there with you! I didn't think I was going to make it through the entire workout and was so disappointed with how unhealthy I am. That said, I did it. Am NOT looking forward to tomorrow. Please tell me it gets easier ;)
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Stick with it! I am doing round 2! I completed round 1 and lost 14lbs and 13 inches! Even after completing it once, I thought my thighs would not be sore this round. Wrong! Not as sore, but still sore! I just took Advil and pushed through. By day 3 or 4 it WILL get better!!
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    Yup-- I've been going to the gym for 7 hours a week for the past two months, and was shocked at how much my *kitten* was kicked by D1L1 of 30DS. The upper body stuff (and abs) got me -- my rotator cuff was too sore to continue... for three days!

Looking forward to making progress :)
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I curse at Jilian (use the F, B word, you name it)....like she can here me.... and I would like to see a 400 lbs person do jumping jacks! (see mentions in her video --" if a 400 lb person can do jumping jacks than you can too!"

I'm on day 5 of 30DS level 1. I still have to modify the push ups but the first time I could barely do one push up, now I can do them all (modified) .
  • arickim
    arickim Posts: 137
    Options
    I pulled my dvd out today. Will be starting tomorrow::):):):):):) YAY
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I took three days off after my first day of 30DS! Don't worry, it does get better, but don't be afraid to take a few days off and let your muscles heal. You'll be able to get back at it and you won't be THAT sore again. Hang in there! Advil helped take the edge off for me.

^^^ ME TOO - after day-1 I could barely sit down on the toilet or walk down the stairs for 3 days! The good news is, 4 days later when I started doing it again, I never again had to take a day off due to pain. A few days later I even started doing back-to-back levels without pain. TAKE A REST if you really need it! Then get right back on it as soon as you are able!
  • stef827
    stef827 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You'll learn to embrace your hatred of Jillian. I have a very strong love hate relationship her. Mi find yelling at her helps get through it! LOL! That said.....did anyone else see that she's coming out with a new kickboxing DVD?

I did hear about the kickboxing Dvd, I bet it will be good. I just ordered her new 90 day Body Revolution and I cant wait till it gets here! :)
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options

I did hear about the kickboxing Dvd, I bet it will be good. I just ordered her new 90 day Body Revolution and I cant wait till it gets here! :)

The kickboxing dvd actually officially came out today. :-)
  • ashcandi
    ashcandi Posts: 35
    Options
    I did day 1 today! Yep, I'm pretty out of shape but I LOVE the feeling I have after a workout. I like the pace of the workout and it doesn't seem like it will be boring to do for 30 days, especially since you can go up levels.
  • kerrymyrm
    kerrymyrm Posts: 12
    Options
    So, I woke up this morning and I'm purrrretty sore. It's manageable pain and is mostly in my upper arms and thighs ... do you think it'll be okay to continue today or should I rest my muscles for a day?

Scarily, I did my first day of the DVD yesterday and had so much energy later that I gave the house a vigorous clean and then went for a 30 minute jog with my husband. I NEVER jog. What is this crazy lady doing to me?!
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Yes, Jillian is tough. I worked out with her for 2 days but my knees couldn't take it so I took a break, a paIn reliever, rubbed down in icy hot and met her again after a day. Yeah, Jillian is tough, but Mena is tougher, ya heard! :laugh:

Jokes aside, hang in there it will get better.