ZUMBA ZUMBA

Options
Hi to my MFP Family ... I'm so excited to say that I've ordered the Zumba 4DVD set and should be receiving it today or tomorrow. I can't wait to try it out. I've seen it advertised but haven't actually participated in any classes yet. Anyway ... what can you tell me about these DVDs and classes ... I hear they can really burn up the calories and are way too much fun. Let's share our Zumba wisdom please. Thanks and Good Day To You All!!

Replies

• soxygirl
    soxygirl Posts: 173
    Options
    I have never tried the DVDs but the classes are incredible! I go 2-3 times a week and absolutely love it! I have a HRM and during a 1 hour class I usually burn between 750 and 850 calories, and I have a blast doing it! The best part is that you don't have to be a great dancer or have perfect rhythm . . . just move, move, move and have some fun!
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Wow ... that's a lot of calorie!! I'm so excited to try it.
  • Jessicaaboggs
    Jessicaaboggs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ZUMBA is my fav!!!

I go to the classes instead of using DVD's if you can i suggest you try one! You have someone there to help you along and they usually keep it noisy and fun! Trust me that hour goes fast!

I had a lil problem learning the moves at first...but i jumped in to the regular class (we have a beginners that i couldn't make b/c of my schedule) but once you get the hang of it...its like second nature. But even if you feel silly at first...just laugh and keep moving...b/c whether your doing it right or not your still working up a crazy sweat (and i'm usually giggling the whole time)

Most importantly have fun and don't be afraid to shake those hips!
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    I personally haven't gone to a class, but my best friend teaches Zumba (not in my area, or I'd be there!) and says it's a blast, but varies a lot between instructors. She also encouraged me to try a class before buying the DVDs as the class is more motivational due to the class energy. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it, whichever you go with.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Definitely let me know how you like the DVD's. There are no classes around here, so I thought of buying a DVD or two.....
    Let us know after you try them!! :drinker: