I am worth too much to quit on me.

Options
I have had a really bad couple of days. I went through some stress and then partied a little too much yesterday making it the first time in six weeks that I had gone over my calorie limit. I pretty much destroyed that by going over by about 1,000 calories throughout the whole day, with 600-700 being alcohol calories. I have slacked on cardio for almost two weeks, and while I was still keeping up with strength training, it's just not the level I was putting out before.

So today I must force myself to get back into it. I've given up so many times before and this set back will NOT break me.
It will NOT keep me from reaching my goal.
I will NOT be over 200lbs for the 10th + year in a row.
I will NOT give up on myself because I AM worth it.
I AM capable.
I DO have will power.
I CAN do this.
I AM strong enough, smart enough, good enough and, gosh darnit, people like me!

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! You CAN do this!!

We've all been there.......but great job in getting back into it at a time when a lot of people give up!
  • Jeaniehop
    Jeaniehop Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love this great attitude! This is my motivation for today thank you!
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    Oh you kick butt you shall achieve this with your super-duper-uber awesomeness!!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! You CAN do this!!

We've all been there.......but great job in getting back into it at a time when a lot of people give up!

I have alwaaaaaaaaaaaays given up. I've lost 20lbs and quit. 40 then quit. 80 then quit. It always came back on. I'm just sick of it at this point. I'm going to be 25 next month and I've been fat for as long as I can remember... I've also hated being fat for as long as I can remember.

Working out and eating right isn't the hard part. Pulling out my inner strength and forcing the continued dedication I have within me to pulse through my veins has always been the hard part. But, dammit, this time I'm gonna do it and I'm gonna ROCK it.

RAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWR!
  • christibam
    Options
    I love this great attitude! This is my motivation for today thank you!

Thank YOU! That just pushes me into *kitten* kicking mode even more knowing that. :)
    Oh you kick butt you shall achieve this with your super-duper-uber awesomeness!!

<3
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    we are always our worst sabatours(spell check here) your own worst enemy couldn't do as good of a job as you can at putting yourself down. For me this is the first time where something in my head shifted. I still have days where I don't want to do anything, eat a whole bag of chips etc..But I am taking every day one at a time. When I say that I feel like I am in A.A. but I find that is working for me. Even when I moan and groan deep down I know I am doing the right thing for me. You can do it
  • judypriv
    judypriv Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I wish I had your attitude which is one of the reasons I friended you and love you! 2+ months of this with no weight loss and even gain and no visable change from my body is putting me in the crapper (see my blog). I hope I can be more like you.
  • christibam
    Options
    I wish I had your attitude which is one of the reasons I friended you and love you! 2+ months of this with no weight loss and even gain and no visable change from my body is putting me in the crapper (see my blog). I hope I can be more like you.

Awww! Honestly, I've struggled my entire life with giving up on myself when it came to my weight. I just can't do it anymore. I set out to do this in December for real after quitting two or three other times last year. I was putting my all into it and was so happy. I was pretty much radiating confidence and joy all the time. Then I started to let myself slip and I know this is something I need to do TODAY before I fall back into the same pattern of giving up "for just a couple more days", which then turns into having to start from scratch a few months later.

It's a daily thing and I have to constantly remind myself to do it 'today' and don't worry about the next year or two or however long it'll take me to get to a healthy weight. Whatever attitude we have for that one day determines that day. You can want to do something tomorrow or the next day but if you don't tell yourself to do it today, that attitude may not carry over to the other days.

I hope some of that makes sense... I'm not having a good day with using words haha.
  • charlieduc
    charlieduc Posts: 108
    Options
    Two things this site has taught me: patience and persistance. When I was about 10 years younger I could lose weight like it was nothing and would do it extremely quickly. Of course, getting up to 303 lbs I obviously put it back on just as fast and then some. I have taught myself that if I screw up, oh well, it is just one day. In the past couple of weeks I have not been giving 100% so of course the scale is not moving the way I want it to. This morning I decided to do my measurements. The tape fit around my hips!!! I could not believe it! This was my inspiration to get out of my funk.
    We are all human. We all screw up. One day will not make or break you.
    You are still working out and have made great progress already! Have your cheat days...then go do some cardio! You got this!
  • christibam
    Options
    Just pulled out 20 minutes of kickboxing on top of 50 minutes of strength/weight training for my arms. I'm going to build up to where I was two weeks ago (doing an hour of cardio 4-6 days a week) and then I'll be all types of happy again. Shouldn't take more than a week or so.

It feels good to be back. Even if it was a short cardio session.