How long does it take for tracking food to become second nat

Options
2»

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Track here everyday for past six months. I use computer, droid phone, iPad and borrow computers to log in, in order to track food. Took a month of remembering to become a habit and I'm very glad I took the time to do so.
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It takes 21 days to build or take away a habit... but I found when you're obsessed with MFP like I was when I started, you can make logging a habit really quickly. It helped me to have the MFP app on my phone so I could log my food as I have my meal. If my phone is dead or I am somehow away from it, I track what I eat on paper so I could enter it on the website later.
  • porksiopao
    porksiopao Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I concur with others that the iPhone app really helps out a lot for logging especially on the go! But I still prefer using the web site though. Once you've tracked for awhile and your meals are consistent, sometimes you can even mentally track until you come across an oddball food item that even MFP doesn't have an entry for.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    I track 5-6 days a week.. I usually track everything a day or two in advance. It helps me when I think about what I'm going to eat over the next couple of days and plan all my meals out. For me, there's less temptation that way. I usually skip tracking on the weekends. I've been doing this over a year and the tracking and planning my week has become something I look forward to.
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    I have logged in ever single item since i made my 1st entry 36 days ago. now i have a friend who ha been logging in since oct and she is to where she knows what makes up her calori intake so she can go a couple of day w/out logging and the add it all at once. i am still in the addictive phase of needing to log on and add each thing as i eat it or right after excercise....my boys laugh at me and call MFP my new facebook...lol