Avacados.....

Options

Replies

• sphyxy
    sphyxy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I mixed an avocado in with a can of tuna the other day instead of mayo and it was AMAZINGGGG!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm am going to give you a recipe. But, be forewarned, you will become addicted to it.

Ready?

15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/

You are welcome.
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nmterp
    nmterp Posts: 74
    Options
    bump
  • Doreen_Murray
    Doreen_Murray Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Love, love, love avocados! I eat them plain with just a little salt and pepper and add them to anything I eat with salsa. Mmmm...
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My favorite (based on a recipe from Kalyn's Kitchen) - totally yummy.

Mix cubes of avocado, chopped cucumber (take out seeds first), crumbled feta, chopped mint and if I have them on hand I add some pistacchios for a little crunch. For dressing mix some olive oil and lime juice. Proportions are whatever looks good to you, but I probably use pretty equal proportions of avocado and cucumber.

My DinL loves this so much she asked me to make it for the rehearsal dinner when she and my son were married - we had a lovely catered meal plus my bowls of avocado/cucumber salad!

I was just about to post this same thing although I don't know who Kayln is, I have been making this for years and its super yum! I like to add orange and red cherub tomatoes to it for color. I can eat this by itself or in a pita with salmon, chicken, steak, mmmm I think I know what I am having for lunch!
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    I'm the one who cuts an avocado in half, removes the pit, puts a sprinkle of salt on each half, then eats them with a teaspoon right out of the rind. I had to quit them! It's all or nothing with me and avocados. I love the subtle flavor and never mix it with anything else. Well, maybe an avocado and cheese omelette (or omelet) for breakfast. mmmmyummy!
  • m2agm
    m2agm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm am going to give you a recipe. But, be forewarned, you will become addicted to it.

Ready?

15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta: http://ohsheglows.com/2011/01/31/15-minute-creamy-avocado-pasta/

You are welcome.

THIS IS AMAZING !!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE it !
  • lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Ready?

You are welcome.

Thank you so much for posting this. I plan on trying this within the week. I'm stoked about it too. Love me some Avocado!
  • Nerdybookgirl
    Nerdybookgirl Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Kia148
    Kia148 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • ckenning
    ckenning Posts: 71
    Options
    I love them...bump!
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    chopped and mixed in with cottage cheese, tomatoes and chicken
    ingredient in smoothie
  • kjayburns
    Options
    I like to mash them and add garlic salt and white pepper to taste...serve with baked tortillas
  • starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love adding them to my smoothies -- they add a richness and smooth creaminess that is just lovely!

I also like to make my 'super simple guacamole' which is basically 1 avocado + .5 tsp garlic salt mashed together. So amazing! I eat it with chips or on my sandwiches instead of mustard/mayo!

I love 'em! ;)
  • svanderlaan
    Options
    Oh my, wow, that looks good!! I will definitely be trying it! Thanks for the share!
  • svanderlaan
    Options

Ready?

You are welcome.

Oh my, wow, that looks good!! I will definitely be trying it! Thanks for the share!
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Avocados, garlic, and pasta--three of my favorite foods. I'll be trying the Avocado Pasta for sure!
  • danrhodes
    danrhodes Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Just make sure you eat them fresh, I cut into one the other day and..................................!