Fine Line b/w Flattery and annoying

Options
Dahllywood
Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
Hey all,

I don't want to sound like a stuck up success story, because trust me I know how hard it was to lose all of my weight (65 lbs) over the past year, but here is my "complaint"...

Ever since I've lost all my weight, I have gotten tons of compliments, remarks, and generally very positive feedback (which I love). Some people who haven't seen me in awhile don't even recognize me and are astonished when they see me. But I've run into a rather annoying occurrence. Every time I go out to the bars or for a drink with friends, I get carded which leads to 'the questioning' from the bouncer. My current drivers license photo shows me at the peak of my plumpness, and now that I've lost it all I continually get stared at and questioned whenever I have to show it.

At first I found it flattering, but now it's becoming annoying. Every time I go out it's the same thing over and over, and it even happened at the bank yesterday. The teller said this doesn't look like me, and didn't believe that I was the same person. Then I had to explain to her about my weight loss, which led to a 20 minute discussion about dieting and exercise.

Not really sure where I'm going with this, but I just wanted to let someone know :). Cheers

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Ya know.. you can get a new pic.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Yep...just get a new license. You can bet when I reach goal, that's what I'll do. Complete with big, goofy grin. I hope I don't blink...
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I would pay for new picture and ID. Hey its a new you and your looking good! No need to remind yourself of the old you. I think I would get annoyed by that too!

Congrats on the weight loss!!
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I would pay for new picture and ID. Hey its a new you and your looking good! No need to remind yourself of the old you. I think I would get annoyed by that too!

Congrats on the weight loss!!

AGREE!
  • dlcam61
    dlcam61 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Bwahahahahahahaha! Awesome! Now go get a new licence. Why would you want to carry the plump pic around? It isn't you anymore! Good job on your weight loss! :flowerforyou:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I love looking at the fat *kitten* in my old id pic. Reminds me how far I've come. Shoot I used my id photo for a "before" pic in a success thread.

The lack of hair generally keeps me from getting carded, no matter what weight I'm at.
  • MelissaW1978
    MelissaW1978 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love to talk to anyone about my weight loss and myfitnesspal.com and how it's helped me. If it bothers you too badly, just get a new license. I think the attention from others would keep me motivated to keep my weight off, though, so I think I'd stick with my old license.

I was just thinking about how my driver's license says I weigh 125 or something that is completely false...maybe someday I can get down to 125:-)
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I am a little nervous myself. I am about to get my passport picture done and I am in the process of losing another 45lbs.

:ohwell:

Congratulations on your weightloss!
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Ugh I know how you feel! I have a very similar story but not with weight. I am originally from Washington state and now live in Philly. I was going to college so I never saw the need to get a Pennsylvania drivers license. Since I was paying out of state tuition might as well stay an out of state resident. Any who, no one ever believed my license was real and would always give me the run around! It was very annoying! They would bust out their big book of ID's and try and confirm if mine was real or not. It was such a hassle!

But now that I'm out of college I finally bit the bullet at got a local ID. No more lines of questioning!

Congrats on your weight loss!!!! :happy:
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Same problem here. My last ID pic was 100 lbs ago and I had shorter hair. I have actually had clerks refuse to sell me alcohol because the girl on the ID looks so much older and different. I will be getting a new one at my goal weight.
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's a terrible problem to have..... just get a new picture and appreciate your success!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    That's a terrible problem to have..... just get a new picture and appreciate your success!
    ^^This...and congratulations on your success!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Yep...just get a new license. You can bet when I reach goal, that's what I'll do. Complete with big, goofy grin. I hope I don't blink...

At least here, you're not allowed to smile anymore. Or have glasses on or hair covering your ears. I found that out when I got my license renewed last year. It was a total bummer!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Ya know.. you can get a new pic.
    that would be 50bks and a little tax in my area!
  • ox45
    ox45 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I just had to get a new work ID picture taken because they said I didn't look like my picture anymore.
    Picture is Old work ID -> License pic -> new work ID
    Facecomparison.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Nice, Ox45!!

That's what I did....new picture. Of course I haven't been carded since 1990....:sad:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Time for a new pic.
  • Dahllywood
    Dahllywood Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the input! It's not really a problem that I have (I mean it's definitely annoying at times), but I still look at it as an example of how far I've come. I really just wanted somewhere to rant at :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!