What else should I eat?

Options
After 8 weeks and a 21 pound weight loss, I feel like I hit a wall. I lost 8 pounds on my own, I hit a wall. Then I joined fitness pal and lost another 13. Now I've hit a wall again. I don't know what else I need to eat! I feel like I'm starving all the time, nothing seems good anymore, I'm just losing my motivation. I eat chicken breast grilled or baked, I'm eating ground turkey for chili and burgers. I'm eating veggie burgers. Salad, veggies, my fridge is full of this stuff but I don't want to eat it anymore. To add insult to injury, I've only lost 2 pounds in the past two weeks. BLAH Is this normal?!?!?!?

Replies

• kaseyAnne425
    Options
    Fish is excellent for you.. I didn't see any fruits either..??

You can do a lot with chicken.. make a healthy stir fry, make a low sodium soup..

And 2 pounds in 2 weeks is fantastic, I don't know why you're complaining about that while some of us are only losing .5 (for example) here and there..
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, when you've hit a wall, you can get things moving again by eating MORE. I can't see your diary, but that's something you may want to consider. Please feel free to look at my diary for food ideas. I like to keep my meals colorful and full of fresh fruit and veggies. I do not fear carbs or sweets; I just work them in to my allotment for the day. I eat all my exercise calories, all the time, and I am more likely to go over calories than under.

I am "essentially" at goal, but just a bit up right now due to a torn MCL 4 weeks ago that slammed the breaks on my exercise.

Here's what I ate for breakfast:

123 calorie breakfast: 1 egg, fried in 1tsp. light butter with asparagus, salsa, strawberries and raspberries.

Prep and cook time: 5 minutes.

breakfas.jpg

Eggs - Large A - Eggland's Best, 1 egg cals: 70

Raspberries - Raw, 10 raspberries, cals: 10

Strawberries - Raw, 2 large (1-3/8" dia), cals: 12

Butter - Light Butter With Canola Oil, 0.33 Tbsp, cals: 17

Onions - Raw, 0.33 tbsp chopped, cals: 1

Raw Fresh - Asparagus Spears Tll, 3 Spears, cals: 10

Herdez - Casera Mild Salsa, 0.66 TBSP, cals: 3

feel free to friend me or pm if you have questions.

blessings.
  • Melissa26point2
    Melissa26point2 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Eggs, greek yogurt, and tuna are all high in protein. Those are the first things that come to mind. maybe do a search online of high protein foods to give you different and new ideas.

I get bored too. It stinks, but you will get back to it!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I eat everything. No restrictions. Want cake? Eat it if it fits into your calories. Even if it doesn't. Just don't go crazy.
    I eat all kinds of meat, i just make sure it's a lean cut. I eat fish amd shrimp too. Beans and lentils are great. I eat lots of fruits and veg. I eat whole eggs, yogurt, berries, i make smoothies. I eat what i like. This is a change of lifestyle, Not a diet. If you have to many rules, or restrict yourself from any certain food, can you stick to those rules for a lifetime?
    If you are starving, try upping your protein and fiber, those things help me feel full. I eat oatmeal, or a granola bar with at least 4g of fiber in it. there are many other sources but those are my quick fixes.
    And what do you mean ONLY 2 pounds in 2 weeks? That is perfectly healthy and acceptable weight loss. Don't beat yourself up. You certainly didn't gain 2 pounds in 2 weeks, so why stress over it?
    I don't have any answers, i can just tell you what works for me.
  • hesstb15
    hesstb15 Posts: 14
    Options
    I just have so much to lose, so 2 pounds is very discouraging. But you're right, I lost weight and that's the positive aspect. thank you for the info and I will keep at :-)
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    I just have so much to lose, so 2 pounds is very discouraging. But you're right, I lost weight and that's the positive aspect. thank you for the info and I will keep at :-)

I have a lot to lose too, but id be pumped about that loss, you didn't gain and that's what's important!
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating per day? Maybe you're actually eating too little. I was eating about 600-1100 (net) calories a day for the past 3 years and haven't lost a pound so I'm trying to actually up my calories. Check out my diary if you want, it's public.
    Check out this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/506349-women-who-eat-more-than-1800-calories-a-day
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are measuring yourself too! If I feel like I'm stuck and not losing weight, I'll get out that tape measure and compare it to what I wrote down the week before and almost always, something is smaller! Don't get discouraged, just find more ways to make healthy but tasty foods that you like. You can do it!
  • Meg177
    Meg177 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You can add a lot more variety by adding beans and lentils.
  • knjantz
    knjantz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    it is normal to hit a wall and to feel 'blah' my nutritionist gave me a ton of recipes that are different but still good for you- it certainly has helped. if you would like some send me a message and I will be happy to share. Eating the same foods over and over and over will make you feel blah. Hang in there, you will get past this wall I promise!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    also skinnytaste.com has great looking recipes. I've tried a few and liked them and I've seen lots of posts from others with her recipes.