protein?

Options
Can anyone suggest a good protein source that isn't unbearable to consume? I need to up my protein, was thinking about doing a shake or bar, just not really sure where to start!

Thanks so much for your help!

Replies

• joyfulteach
    joyfulteach Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky. Lean chicken breast, fish, cheese, egg whites...
    Protein isn't hard if you eat some meat with every meal.
  • mariobrochill
    Options
    Whey protein is by far superior to other sources of protein in regards to micronutrient density, plus it contains a rich AA profile, (depending on the type of whey i.e. hydrolyzed, isolate, concentrate). Plus the value of cost to serving is superior to any source of protein like crap chicken breast.
  • angiedeluxe
    Options
    What do you consider "unbearable to consume"? Knowing that would be helpful.
  • SilentRenegade
    SilentRenegade Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    1 Can of Tuna in Water is 33g of Protein and 150cals. Eggs are a good source of protein as well. Any meat really... unless you don't eat meat.

I drink protein shakes generally in the morning or after a work out. Each one has a different protein count. Do some research. www.bodybuilding.com has a big selection of protein powders. Amazon.com does as well. The protein bars are nice, but they pack a punch with calories and carbs sometimes, so check out which ones won't kill your day.

Special K also has protein enriched cereals and such.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Chobani Greek yogurt. Amazing stuff! =)
  • adonnelly13
    adonnelly13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    just looking for something that has a decent taste. nothing to chalky :)
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I agree with the Chobani. LOVE IT
  • lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I recently found a refreshing protein shake combo. I use the Rivalus - Promasil Protein in Soft Serve Vanilla (it has no carbs, 2 g fat and 20 g of protein per scoop - 90 calories) and a packet of Great Value Orange Early Rise on the Go drink mix (10 calories, no fat, carbs or protein). It tastes like a dreamsicle. Very good! Yummmm!:tongue:
  • MNHoliday
    MNHoliday Posts: 20
    Options
    whey protein powder
    eggs
    chicken
    turkey
    grass fed beef
    lamb
    shrimp
    fish
    shellfish
    ham
    pork
    pheasant
    duck
    guinea hen
    squirrel
    dog
    cat
    rabbit
    iguana

MEAT. SEAFOOD. EGGS. Ok you get the idea. There's lots of protein to choose from.
  • IndependentGuilt
    Options
    I like the Vanilla Whey protein shake powder from Costco. you can make it with milk...or water with some ice is pretty good too!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    BINK BONK
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    EAS ADVANTEDGE premade protien shakes! Low cal, fat, carbs, high protien! Taste good...now wierd gritty odd taste, to me anyways! SAMS club has best deal! But it is pricey, but worth it and oh so easy!
  • Mainey13
    Mainey13 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    NUTS, NUTS, NUTS! Great source of protein and healthy fats. Almonds, walnuts and pistachios are your best choices.
    I also love non-fat greek yogurt. 15-18 g protein per 2/3 cup.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    These are my main sources:

2 eggs (1 whole + 1 White)
    Body Fortress Whey protein + Skim milk (sometimes two scoops)
    Boca Burgers
    Cottage Cheese
    Pure Protein Protein bars
    AdvantEdge Carb control Protein Shake
    Then some sort of meat for dinner, chicken, gd. beef, gd. turkey, or tuna
  • mariobrochill
    Options
    NUTS, NUTS, NUTS! Great source of protein and healthy fats. Almonds, walnuts and pistachios are your best choices.
    I also love non-fat greek yogurt. 15-18 g protein per 2/3 cup.

Horrendous AA profile. You're better off consuming whey in regards to a superior AA profile plus it's BV%
  • mamarupp
    mamarupp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I use Designer Whey Protein and I love it. Best tastong powder I've ever used. I have chocolate and vanilla, and I love that the vanilla is all natural.
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky. Lean chicken breast, fish, cheese, egg whites...
    Protein isn't hard if you eat some meat with every meal.

avoid jerky - it's really high in sodium.

try protein shakes. you can make them tasty so they're almost like milkshakes, but they're good for you! Get the powder and put it in a blender with some ice, milk (i use coconut milk a lot), fruit if you like, veggies if you want, etc.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Pure Cambodian breast milk.
  • rawfitness
    rawfitness Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Myofusion by Gaspari is a great tasting protein powder.
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Myofusion by Gaspari is a great tasting protein powder.

I'd second this.