holy cow my calories raised a lot today

Options
I have walked all day, now my calorie count is way up telling me I need to eat more. I am so not hungry. When I get a lot of exercise, I am just not in the eating mood. Will this be ok if I feel ok??

Replies

• elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I have walked all day, now my calorie count is way up telling me I need to eat more. I am so not hungry. When I get a lot of exercise, I am just not in the eating mood. Will this be ok if I feel ok??
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    yes u'll be okay. eat if you're hungry, don't if you're not :wink:
  • traci254
    traci254 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with that.. dont eat if you are not hungry. I found that if you exercise more, and dont eat those extra calories.. the weight goes away quicker... Good Luck!:smile:
  • elliott062907
    Options
    thank you, I was sick thursday and friday and had to get out of the house today. We are remodeling and I have walked lowes and home depot and wally world, went to the flea market. I am worn out. I came home and tried to eat a salad with grilled chicken and I just couldn't.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I personaly think it's okay because I do it once in awhile, not all the time though because I'm afraid my body will start storing fat, thinking it's starving. I have no idea why the body would do that when I have enough fat stored up to last me the rest of my life.:ohwell: Have a good night and rest. Sounds nice to be fixing the house up.
  • poubre
    poubre Posts: 32
    Options
    It's perfectly okay to not eat if you're hungry. Do not worry, your body will let you know when it's starving for energy =). One of the reasons you might not feel hungry is because your body is using your fat to feed itself. That's exactly what you want when you are trying to lose weight :).

What you don't want is for your body to start breaking down your protein (muscles) to feed itself. That only occurs under very rigorous exercises or if you fast for extended periods of time. That's why avoiding sugars (carbohydrates) and eating meals with protein helps keep your body in a 'starving' state to burn fat but not your protein.

Contrary to popular belief, you burn more energy with an endurance workout rather than sprinting for 15 minutes. If your muscles feel like they're burning and on fire, you're pushing yourself too hard. Slow down and extend the length/time of your workout - and your body will actually burn more fat.

Ever heard of the Sugar Busters diet? That's the basics behind it. I highly recommend it =).
  • elliott062907
    Options
    thank you all....:drinker: