Exercise & Incontinence????

Options

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    When I gained weight and first started working out this happened with strenuous lifting. But doesn't happen anymore... I thought it was just a weird coincidence. *shrug* haven't had that problem since and it only happened once. :)
  • MinaAriel
    MinaAriel Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yep. Jumping Jacks. It sucks.
  • momof3and3
    momof3and3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Kiegels!

Down there is muscle, you need to work it out, too...do kiegels....
  • luvinlaurakate
    luvinlaurakate Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I just had a conversation with a friend about this! I have huge issues with jumping jacks, and sometimes crunches as well.
  • FoxCarter
    FoxCarter Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    While researching this topic, I was trying to find out approximately how many women deal with this issue. I was surprise that it was over 50% (in 2000)
  • chphotography
    chphotography Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a HUGE issue with this! It stops me from working out ALL THE TIME! I can't do regualr things like ZUmba and kick boxing and P90X which I hate. This is my biggest weight issue... I can walk and do little things but squats, crunches and anything jumping or moving at a higher impact is out! Im a hair over 5ft 3 and 150 lbs so Im not that overweight but the cost of surgery is more then i can afford! :O(
  • nay1228
    nay1228 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Me! I pee before Zumba class, and sometimes during, and still have issues, especially with jumping. I do keigle exercises, but I just think my poor bladder has been abused by carrying 4 children including a set of twins.
    Hoping as the weight comes off it will get better. In the mean time, I just make sure I wear a liner. <sigh>
  • muddyventures
    muddyventures Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Me! I pee before Zumba class, and sometimes during, and still have issues, especially with jumping. I do keigle exercises, but I just think my poor bladder has been abused by carrying 4 children including a set of twins.
    Hoping as the weight comes off it will get better. In the mean time, I just make sure I wear a liner. <sigh>

Me too, 8 pound twins (each) and two other children have not been kind to my body. A package of poise goes along way..lol
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Yep. I've had problems ever since having my first baby. It was a rough birth with a catheter and when I got home I immediately realized I had a problem. I did kegels all through the pregnancy and afterward, they just won't fix what I've got going on, and I'm pretty sure I have to wait until I'm done having kids before I consider having the surgery. Thankfully it's only during bouncy exercises at this point. Jumping jacks and 'running man' are really bad. LOL I use the bathroom right before my workout and I wear adult bladder control pads while I workout b/c regardless of trying to empty my bladder, you still never know when it's going to happen.