Please give me pointers

Options
Looking for help here.....i'm just not getting this! I'm trying hard here and seems like my scale doesn't budge. I am working out with the 30 day shred and also taking walks/jogs just about everyday...all done with HRM and my burns calculate from 530-800. Food intake is usually around 1300-1500. It is set at 1260 cals for 2lb weekly loss. I drink usually around 10 glasses of water a day and drink no other liquids...now with water intake i just don't feel so hungry and its hard for me to even eat as much as i do! But all in all i just dont understand why my scale doesn't budge:frown: so any ideas?

and yes there was one day of Mcdonalds, but i was out of town and was getting late and boyfriend needed to get home to go to work so we had to stop....plus i missed lunch and needed to throw in cals

Replies

• dr3am3r
    dr3am3r Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Sounds like your weight loss is too aggressive. Set MFP for a one pound/week loss. Chances are between setting MFP so aggressively and burning a lot of calories, you may not be eating enough to properly fuel your body. If I were you, I would set MFP for a 1 lb/week loss, eat 50% of the exercise calories back and then give it a week or two and see if that breaks your stall. I had that issue and by upping my calories, the scale started moving again.
  • dr3am3r
    dr3am3r Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    thanks....i will try, but i seem to have a hard time getting enough food down, but i will try
  • mariobrochill
    Options
    Aggressive caloric deficit. You're a woman so accept the fact that your fat loss will be half of that to men. Women have a lower body weight to begin with plus a higher BF set point.... Aim for .75 -1lb tops and women are much more sensitive to fat loss as opposed to men.
  • clickmaster
    clickmaster Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Eat your BMR in calories every day (except cheat days) and all of your activity will go toward burning fat and you won't need to measure your energy output (calories burned). Track your intake on MFP to ensure you're macronutrients are in balance....eg: 55/20/25 (%calories from carbs/fats/protein respectively). That's all you need do to lose fat.

I don't recommend anything JM (an over-hyped fraud) suggests. Fat loss should come from a lifestyle change and that means diet and exercise strategies you can live with indefinitely. Anything less may well result in regaining fat from persisting or relapsing bad habits.

I cannot comment on your numbers and calculations because I don't know where they came from.

Good luck and good health!!

• Yellerie
    Yellerie Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If you are having a hard time eating your calories try to add a healthy higher calorie item like milk or really any dairy product they tend to be a bit high in calories but good ones & the calcium is good for your bones
  • Andrea_McQ
    Andrea_McQ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Is that intake net after your exercise calories are deducted? Because if not then even on your highest intake and lowest exercise burn your net is under 1000 calories per day. If you have the lowest intake and highest exercise burn you're down to 700 cals - people on 800 cal diets are advised to only do so for medical reasons and under medical supervision.

Do you hit the complete entry button at the end of the day? That will give you some idea if you are eating enough, although it isn't perfect.

I'd say eat more and try to make it protein and veggies.

Up until recently I had mfp set to the 1200 calorie limit, but I was finding 2 things - firstly I was getting increasingly tired and secondly I was getting increasingly hungry so I was then eating waaay over the 1200 cals. I've reset it to lose 1lb per week and am hoping that I can better stick to the increased allowance and that it will help me to feel better, exercise better and lose better. The 1200 got me down 30lbs then back up 1, 37lbs to go so I can't see myself living at that level for that long more!
  • tekhipee
    tekhipee Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    By looking at your diary, you should be adding more vegetables and other nutritious items: Add some Greek yogurt (will add up some calories for you) and its healthy and full of protein. Try to eliminate your snacks on a daily basis. It's ok to eat them but it looks like you add them everyday.

I started MFP 3 weeks ago and I have lost 5 lbs and I am CONSTANTLY EATING staying in a calorie range between 1300-1600ish (sometimes more) depending is I have derby practice or did exercise that day. My diary is open if you want to look at my meals for maybe a couple snack ideas to get some healthy calories in.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    With that aggressive of workout routine your body is not getting anywhere close to what it needs. Try upping your calories by 300 total or at least match what you burn in exercise, i know that seems like a lot, but small meals every few hours keeps you full and energetic all day and your body won't be in such a state of shock of what it's being put through.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    What's your height, weight, age, and bf%? If you don't want to say that's fine, just read here and you can do the calculations yourself: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/510406-tdee-is-everything

Remember these are just estimates and you may (read: probably will) need to adjust to get it to suit your needs more accurately.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    thanks....i will try, but i seem to have a hard time getting enough food down, but i will try

Insert spoon into jar of peanut butter.
    Remove spoon from jar of peanut butter
    Insert spoon into mouth
    Remove spoon (sans peanut butter) from mouth
    Wash down yummy sticky delicious goodness with a glass of milk

Calorie issues solved =)