Stretch marks!!

Options
I've had a baby and got big think stretch marks on my sides as you can see in my pic, I want to no if anyone's found anything really good that's help to fade or remove perminantly?

Replies

• Smashleymae10
    Options
    You look great for just having a baby!! I would love to know too! Genetics suck, don't they!!?
  • Allyson1985
    Allyson1985 Posts: 148
    Options
    My stretch marks were from being really overweight ... I tried everything - creams, lotions, tanning, etc.

The only thing I can attest to (sorry to be the bearer of bad news) that helps the best is time. Wait, and they'll fade naturally.

Sorry I couldn't point you to a product or procedure.
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    They will fade but they will never go away. I had stretch marks on my entire belly when I was pregnant. They are flesh toned now but you can still see the lines.
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Time.

They will fade, but they will never go away. The damage has been done.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I have a nicely shaped tummy and hips, but those stretchmarks are just stuck there. Sucks. They fade, but they can't go away. Embrace them as BATTLE SCARS from LIFE! :D
  • b1791
    b1791 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The only thing I know of is time. I had twins so my stomach was REALLY big and I have a lot of stretch marks. That was 12 years ago so they're pretty much faded now but they're still there. I still wear a bikini and I could care less what others think of my marks LOL.
  • kscott0612
    kscott0612 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have stretchmarks from two babies. I would love to know if anyone who has tried anything that actually works! I have them on my sides and on my belly. They are all very deep. I've wondered how they will end up looking after I reach my goal.

You look fabulous!!! :happy:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks don't really go away, but they do fade over time. I find that when I'm tan mine are less noticeable, and the Mederma stretch mark cream does help a little with the visibility. I've come to terms with my stretch marks (I got them really badly across my entire stomach when I was pregnant) and see them as my battle scars!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I have them too just from being overweight, and now they show up even more that I lost the weight. You can't win! As far as I know there is no non invasive way to get rid of them. You would have to have a consultation with a laser clinic and I'm sure they could fade the scars. But take comfort in knowing that I think we all pretty much have them lol.

BTW you look fantastic!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Ya...they do not go away. They will fade and not be as bright...but they stay. The good news is, it doesn't look like you have loose skin...so once your stretch marks fade, they will not be that noticeable.

It is tough when you have the loose skin and stretch marks!! UGH!! I am putting Virgin coconut oil on them AND eating a tablespoon everyday. I am hoping this will help some with firming the skin.
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My mom made a lotion that has helped some of her friends with many issues and I even had some really bad scars on my legs and tried everything but nothing worked to help them go away except for this lotion! My step-daughter also has really bad stretch marks so we just made a new batch to see if it will help hers go away. Here is the "recipe" if you want to try it:

8 oz bottle baby lotion (we use Johnson & Johnson because it smells better then the generic!)
    8 oz container of vitamin E cream (in the lotion area)
    3.5-4 oz container of Vaseline
    Mix all together really good and use!! I hope it helps!!

If you try it, let me know if it helps at all!
  • tumblr_lzmo57aEzr1rohemto1_400.jpg

You can barely notice them on you hun and your little man was so worth it =)

Those who mind, don't matter; and those who matter, don't mind. =D
  • AmberJaebabeyy
    Options
    Hmm looks like I'm stuck with them hey :( thank you for the quick replies girls and I will try the recipe :)
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely phenomenal, the stretch marks aren't even noticeable. Keep your head up!
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lzmo57aEzr1rohemto1_400.jpg

You can barely notice them on you hun and your little man was so worth it =)

Those who mind, don't matter; and those who matter, don't mind. =D

Love this!!!! I still hate my stretch marks...but it does make me feel cool that I am a tiger that has earned her stripes!!!!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    THEY are badges of honor!!!