New, but not New

Options
mikda999
mikda999 Posts: 41 Member
I joined MFP last year and never really ran with it. I could explain past events that kept me from here, but it doesn't matter. I'm here now!!! I've logged in for 15 days now and still trying to find my way around. So I thought I would start and introduce myself.

About me, I'm a wife of 11 years and stay at home mom to 2 boys. I love being crafty. I enjoy reusing things if I can. I can knit and sew and I love seeing a finished project. My hubby lets me have the basement to myself for crafty stuff, but I share with the kids.

We are outdoors type people. In the summer we camp almost every weekend all the way into October. I'm not talking about fancy camping either. We have a couple big family trips planned this year and one includes having to take a couple ferry rides to a fairly remote island and then hiking to our site. And another trip is a 2 mile hike to our site on the Wisconsin River. Doesn't sound far, but with full gear for a family of 4, it should be interesting to say the least. In the next couple years my hubsand wants to hike the Ice Age trail again. So here is to goals!!

Overall, I hope to get back into my wedding dress by the time we reach our 15 year anniversary. We never had a honeymoon and we said we would always renew our vows and take a honeymoon near our 15th anniversary. It's coming up!! I was about 250 when we got married, but now after 2 weeks of MFP, I want to get all the way down to my goal weight of 160 in the next 3.5 years which is about 200 pounds.

Let's support eachother in this life long journey!

Replies

• semperfit7
    semperfit7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP but want to wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey! I am certain you will fit in your wedding dress by your 15 year anniversary! Congrats!!! :)
  • Shar8210
    Shar8210 Posts: 40
    Options
    I also joined MFP sometime ago but unfortunately I did not keep up with it and now that I want to lose weight etc. I cant get into my account so I have to post a new one. My name is Shar I'm 29yrs old I am a mother to my son Calvin who is really active and keeps my very busy. I also work fulltime as a LPN and is in school fulltime to accomplish my ASN (RN). Its really tough but I'm trying to maintain and stay focused. Actually the workout session that I'm doing helps with stress which is a good thing. I currently started the Turbofire w/Chalene Johnson and along with some other workout videos and games on the Xbox360 which keeps me from getting bored so I look to be inspired or inspire someone else to get through their workouts and shed the pounds.
  • goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    You got some good goals set out...GOOD LUCK! Add me as a friend if you'd like, I think it helps to be accountable to others who are on the same journey as you.
  • teresa1121
    teresa1121 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am fairly new also but i have been dilligent welcome back and with lots of friends motivating you and keep on track you can make your goal .. feel free to add me if you like

Teresa
  • phatty28
    phatty28 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey All,

I also started on MFP last January. I was so motivated at first working out 5 days a week and eating very well. I lost 18 pounds in 5 weeks but then fell totally off track. So here I am again starting to find my way again. I never looked at the blogs and message boards before so I think this is the way for me to stay on track. Please add me if you can offer some support and motivation!!

Afia