Sex as an Exercise

Why isn't sex availiable to choose from in the exercise check-in?! I mean, COME ON!
Am I the only one that that thinks, "Oh this is an awesome burn right here! "during sex?
Hmmm....

Replies

• Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    Lol, I just tried to look that up myself
  • lol I did the samething just a minute ago trying to add my calories burnt last night and this morning :P Does it work if you try adding the activity?
  • Firefighter_Jay
    http://www.womansday.com/sex-relationships/sex-tips/8-sexy-ways-to-burn-calories-110923

This could be why, seems like you need at least 1/2 hour to burn a decent amount. Doesn't give totals for 5 mins or less...... :sad:
  • well if you do a little math you will find on average you burn about 150 calories in 30 minutes of active sex wouldnt that make it about 5 calories a minute which then would be about 15 calories in 5 minutes?

push yourself to go a little longer :D
  • lol im gonna wear my HRM tonight and see how much i burn lol
  • Firefighter_Jay
    well if you do a little math you will find on average you burn about 150 calories in 30 minutes of active sex wouldnt that make it about 5 calories a minute which then would be about 15 calories in 5 minutes?

Lol, u mean it's not a race?
  • Firefighter_Jay
    There is also this article. It tells why sex isn't normally listed as cardo

http://www.sparkpeople.com/community/ask_the_experts.asp?q=62
  • lol no it not a race lol!
  • I see it like this

It makes you sweat, you can feel the fatigue, you breath heavy, and your heart is pumping to me that is a workout lol... bump that if my heart rate goes up and I sweat then I'm burning calories which means im logging it !!! lol
  • Firefighter_Jay
    I see it like this

It makes you sweat, you can feel the fatigue, you breath heavy, and your heart is pumping to me that is a workout lol... bump that if my heart rate goes up and I sweat then I'm burning calories which means im logging it !!! lol

Lol, love it hahaha
  • kayci5288
    kayci5288 Posts: 22 Member
    well if you do a little math you will find on average you burn about 150 calories in 30 minutes of active sex wouldnt that make it about 5 calories a minute which then would be about 15 calories in 5 minutes?

Lol, u mean it's not a race?

lmao! this made my day!