Hello From Michigan!

Hello friends!

I am new to the site. I am fresh out of college...well maybe not fresh (Aug 07)...and wanting to get back into shape. College ruined me!

I am married...for the last 1.5 years. That surely didn't help my figure either. They always say that you gain weight when you are the happiest with your life. So anyways...slowly over the last 1.5 years I have gained a precious 30 lbs. I am ready to let it go...cut the cord if you will.

Always looking for more friends...so I am hoping to meet more people working on their health...like me!

Replies

• sunnynoon
    sunnynoon Posts: 6 Member
    Hello friends!

I am new to the site. I am fresh out of college...well maybe not fresh (Aug 07)...and wanting to get back into shape. College ruined me!

I am married...for the last 1.5 years. That surely didn't help my figure either. They always say that you gain weight when you are the happiest with your life. So anyways...slowly over the last 1.5 years I have gained a precious 30 lbs. I am ready to let it go...cut the cord if you will.

Always looking for more friends...so I am hoping to meet more people working on their health...like me!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Greetings Sunnynoon from Iowa:flowerforyou: Glad you joined us, your going to like the journal and all the support from the MFPal's.
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Welcome! I know that you're gonna love this site. It makes everything so easy to keep up with, and the people are really friendly. This is my second week, and I lost 2 pounds. My goal is to lose at least 1.5 per week.

I'll be looking for your posts.
  • cinandchris
    cinandchris Posts: 229 Member
    Welcome!! I am from Michigan too! Well, actually, I have lived in Florida for the last 22 years, but I lived in Michigan till I was 18. What part are you from? Has the snow finally stopped up there?
  • sunnynoon
    sunnynoon Posts: 6 Member
    Welcome!! I am from Michigan too! Well, actually, I have lived in Florida for the last 22 years, but I lived in Michigan till I was 18. What part are you from? Has the snow finally stopped up there?

Yes the snow has finally subsided!! Finally. This is our first nice warm weekend in quite awhile. It's 61 degrees today! Whoo Hoo!!

Thank you all for all of your support...I can't wait to get started!! YAY day 1!!!
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Helllo and welcome, I'm from MI as well. I vacation in traverse city in the summer, what a beautiful area. I live in Grand Blanc, south of Flint. I'm glad spring is finally here!!!!!!!
  • twin2
    twin2 Posts: 404
    Hello from Georgia :bigsmile: , and welcome, you will be glad you are here!:flowerforyou:
  • jnkreis
    jnkreis Posts: 51 Member
    Welcome...I'm from Michigan too, and boy am I glad that we are finally getting into some warmer weather. I'm in the Saginaw area. Good to have you!
  • It sounds like college is bad for one's figure. I graduate in December and have put on about 25-30 lbs. since I started. I am having some luck on here and love the food journals and message boards. Good luck!
  • Hey there! I'm also from Michigan, down in the Detroit area here. Best of luck with everything! I love this site!