Has anyone done P90X?!

I'm starting it tomorrow and I want to know how you have liked it! Did it work for you? How fast did you see results? Is it really difficult? Is working out at the gym better than working out to a video? Just let me know what you guys thought about it(:
Thanks! xox

Replies

• treypetty1
    treypetty1 Posts: 1 Member
    I tried it, but i only made it 2-3 weeks. I'm a runner/triathlete so all the lifting and interrupting of other workouts led me to quit it. I had friends that saw results within a month. I felt stronger within the first couple of workouts. The video will be more intense than the gym because you won't have to worry about people being on certain machines. The main thing i can tell you is to pace yourself, some of the videos will kill you the first few times. I did find it difficult and I was in pretty good shape at the time.
  • EmilyMae12
    EmilyMae12 Posts: 61 Member
    I was going to start it today but my brother who I am borrowing it from lost some things for it, I am going to buy them tonight and hopefully start tomorrow. My brother said that while it was really hard for him to pull through he was happy he did and is pleased with what it has done.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    I did it for 9 weeks. At my weight I had to modify just about everything. I lost 30 lbs during the process.
  • kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    I've done it and I loved it. I was in pretty good shape when I started (running 10-15 miles at a time and some weightlifting). It really added a lot of variety to my routine and I got quite a bit stronger. I'm doing p90x2 now, which I like, but not as much as the original. You'll get a lot of biased reviews of p90x because a LOT of people are beachbody coaches and sell it.. but it really is a good program.
  • I just started today!! So far so good! The ab ripper kicked my butt though!!
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    I'm in week three right now, but I've done 60 days of it before and I had awesome results! Didn't finish, sadly :( but even the results after 60 days were pretty incredible for myself :) good luck!
  • larlardb8
    larlardb8 Posts: 7 Member
    I love P90X. Did it once all the way through and got great results especially in my arms/shoulder definition. Im currently training for a half marathon so I'm doing the weights/plyo part of it now and substituting running for the yoga and kenpo.
    Great program.
  • bhersh24
    bhersh24 Posts: 49
    It's an EXCELLENT program and you'll be happy with the results. Downside for me was the time committment. It's minimum 60 minutes per day - some days more - 6 days a week. I'm a mom of 4 that works full time and I struggled to find the time in my days and waking up at 4am only works for so long. If you have the time, you'll love it! Ignore the pain for the first week of each month and stick to the diet plan! You'll see the results best if you do! Good luck!
  • obrien821
    obrien821 Posts: 215
    I completed it before all the big holidays last year and lost about 10 lbs.
    I'm not big to begin with, but needed to shed a few lbs.
    So, if you are already fit you probably won't really lose anything, but will gain muscle.
    I really enjoyed the workout routines and strengthened some areas for me.
    I would definitely recommend it.
  • I started it last week!!! INTENSE
  • MariaMariaM
    MariaMariaM Posts: 1,322 Member
    I'm starting it tomorrow and I want to know how you have liked it! Did it work for you? How fast did you see results? Is it really difficult? Is working out at the gym better than working out to a video? Just let me know what you guys thought about it(:
    Thanks! xox

I have done it and love it! The first time I did it was almost 2 years ago and lost 28 pounds. I started another round on Jan 1. My starting weight was 129 and am down to 120. It is the best workout I have ever done.
    Here are the results I had the first time I did the program (D1 / D90):

Weight: 155 / 127
    Body Fat%: 28% / 23%
    Waist (smallest part): 32.5 / 27
    Belly Bottom (love handles): 35.5 / 29.25
    Hips: 37 / 31.25
    Thights: 24.5 / 21

I find that working out to this dvds (and other beachbody ones I have) is better for me than the gym. Only thing I miss at the gym are the pool and the occassional zumba classes they had.

I started seeing results 2 weeks in with clothes fitting a tad loose. I think I lost 10 pounds on the first 30 days, can't remember how many pounds in the other phases (I have it at home and can post later).

Is it difficult? Yes, it is pretty intense but you have options to modify every move. Just do what you can, you will be amazed by the progress you will make if you keep at it. As an example, I was able to only do 1 chin up when I started (maybe 1/2) by the end of 90 days I could do 10! Push ups, I started on my knees and by the end, the number of real push ups I could do was amazing.

I looked like a completely different person. I highly recommend this program (and Brazilian Butt Lift if you ever want to try something else).