roasted vegetables

Options
mcohan
mcohan Posts: 116 Member
so for lunch today i brought about a cup of roasted vegetables (eggplant, onion, peppers, summer squash) in the database it is telling me that it is 340 calories....i just dont see how that could be true. i cooked a whole pan with a couple tables spoons of oil, garlic, and i little salt (1tsp) what do you think?

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    it would depend on the oil used and how much - you could enter each ingredient individually
  • joj7bat
    joj7bat Posts: 30
    Options
    Believe their label... they could have roasted them in a ton of olive oil - a lot of calories. And eggplant absorbs everything you put on it - the squash probably does too... Best advice would be to keep making it yourself, so you know exactly what's in it and how its made:smile:

*sorry I read wrong - I thought you bought it, not brought it...
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    I would try entering it individually. That sounds like a lot of calories for 1 cup of roasted veggies. I'm sure they aren't swimming in oil either. You might try entering it in one of the recipe analyzer sites too. Unfortunately I can't remember either of them right now.:embarassed:
  • steph54
    steph54 Posts: 28
    Options
    Try using apple juice to cook them in instead of oil. It will add a unique taste and cut out of lot of calories!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Yep, I agree, since you cooked it yourself I would add the ingredients in manually.
  • kimgibbons
    kimgibbons Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would guess the majority of those calories come from the oil. All the vegetables you named are pretty low in calories. If you want to have less calories, try using spraying the pan with Pam instead of using oil.