Exercise or Not?

Options
I usually workout 6 days a week. I would like Friday to be my day off, but if I have something going on on other days, I workout on Friday and take that day off.

Today I was going to exercise, but if I do I think I will be way under my calories. On days that I am home all day, I tend to not eat as much. It used to be the other way around. I can probably just hit 1400 calories total for the day.

Tomorrow, I am going out with friends to Stir Crazy for lunch. Should I workout tomorrow, even though it is supposed to be my day off so that I can eat with more leeway, and not exercise today? Or should I exercise both days?

Replies

• Flyright
    Flyright Posts: 36
    Options
    How about working out today , but staying at your normal calorie count and then carrying over your calories to tomorrow ( kind of zig zagging your calories)?

that's what I'd probably do.
  • natyasa
    natyasa Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think you should stick to your routine and not worry about a certain number of caloric increase on a particular day. Your metabolism is already starting to work faster, so 1 day of splurging isn't going to set you back if you return to normal habits the following day.
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options
    How about working out today , but staying at your normal calorie count and then carrying over your calories to tomorrow ( kind of zig zagging your calories)?

i dont think you can "carry over" your calories to another day.

I'd workout tomorrow so you can eat what you want to eat tomorrow at lunch.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options

i dont think you can "carry over" your calories to another day.

I'd workout tomorrow so you can eat what you want to eat tomorrow at lunch.

She didn't mean carry them over to the next day.....I think she was leaning more towards the zig zagging your calories. Sometimes tripping up your system is good. A loto of people find that when they eat a lot more than they are supposed to on a day they lose more weight that week.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I would exercise on the day that you think you need the extra calories
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I ended up doing a short DVD today and burned about 150 calories.

Tomorrow even though my workout day off I will do my regular workout and burn between 300-400 calories.

Thanks for the suggestions.