i WILL be cheating today.

Options
i'm going to see the new harry potter tonight :love: and i'm more excited than you can even imagine! :happy:

therefore. i'm allowing myself some popcorn, AND some sour patch kids (my worst addiction, ever!) because i'm getting the applebee's weight watchers garlic chicken meal for dinner. i'll probably be over by about 200 cals today, and i'm ok with that. i'll just have to work out hard tomorrow at the gym! :bigsmile:

cant wait for tonight!! gah!! :blushing:

Replies

• moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    You have to cheat from time to time. I'm going to see HP tomorrow and I can't wait! :smile: :smile: :smile: You'll have to let me know what you thought of it.
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    If you are going to cheat, cheat good :) It's not like its going to matter if you are two hundred calories over or a thousand calories over.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    If you are going to cheat, cheat good :) It's not like its going to matter if you are two hundred calories over or a thousand calories over.

oooooh! i LIKE this. :wink:
  • nikki4ever
    nikki4ever Posts: 116
    Options
    Is this really true? I mean, what if you just cheat with a small bag of m & m's? Would it be the same to go over with a mcdonalds value size? I'm just a little bit confused with this one!!
    thankss
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    I LOVVVVEEEE Sour patch kids!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your treats! We're also going to see the Potter movie tonight and can't wait either! I want more books!!
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    HARRY POTTER NEXT MONDAY - Pick n Mix here i come!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options

Wellthat' not true! It woujld be better to be only 200 over than 1000 over. with 200 over you might be up able to maintain your weight 1000 over would be a lot more than that!! It's all about cal in cal burned.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    Is this really true? I mean, what if you just cheat with a small bag of m & m's? Would it be the same to go over with a mcdonalds value size? I'm just a little bit confused with this one!!
    thankss

It's totally true. What counts is how often you cheat. If you cheat good when you do cheat then you are more likely to cheat less frequently. If you are a thousand calories over in one isolated meal most of that is just going to be pee'd out of you. So if you are going to cheat just get it out of your system and don't cut yourself off. Tomorrow you get back on the wagon, no real damage has been done, and you continue to progress and even loose more weight. Tis a beautiful thing :drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Oooh..HP...I can't wait either! We have to wait 2 more weeks for it in IMAX, so I am bummed about that. Hope you love it and enjoy your popcorn and candy!
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    You guys, it was really good. As good as fabulous book adaptation into a movie can be! I cheated big time and enjoyed every bite. Then, I was a pound lighter this morning. What the heck? I haven't lost in a week and a half. Weird. We'll be going back on the 29th for Imax 3D!

Enjoy it!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I wish cheating wouldn't get such a bad rap. I like what Dave used to say ~ He called it Treating.....not cheating.

What matters is how often you do it. A cheeseburger or popcorn or sourpatch kids every now and then aren't going to hurt you.
  • metalpalace
    Options
    I wish cheating wouldn't get such a bad rap. I like what Dave used to say ~ He called it Treating.....not cheating.

What matters is how often you do it. A cheeseburger or popcorn or sourpatch kids every now and then aren't going to hurt you.

Right on! And I love calling it treating instead of cheating. I don't know why I don't call it treating more often :flowerforyou:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I'm going to wait out the crowds. Hopefully I can see it the week. Then again I might go see it tomorrow and next week too.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    FIRST THINGS FIRST: HARRY POTTER WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!!!! :happy:

i have to update everyone...

i cheated BAD! :noway:

i mean... i was gonna get the garlic chicken weight watchers meal, so i only went over my cals by about 150.. but.. i overindulged i think. :grumble:

i ended up getting the parmesan chicken crispers (basically chicken tenders with parmesan melted on top, with marinara to dip) and a side of fries. :sad:

i must say though, i didnt eat the entire thing. i ate just over half of the chicken and my friend helped with my fries. PLUS! i got a michelob ultra, so that was a smarter beer choice. :drinker:

not to mention the bag of sour patch kids i bought at target and snuck into the movie (hehe) was larger than normal. :frown: but my bf ate about half of those too. i dont DARE look up the calorie content of my dinner last night, but i just know i am super excited to get to the gym and feel the burn, baby! :bigsmile:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

Wellthat' not true! It woujld be better to be only 200 over than 1000 over. with 200 over you might be up able to maintain your weight 1000 over would be a lot more than that!! It's all about cal in cal burned.

i completely agree with you. only 200 is nothing, considering most of us are at a deficit anyway and 200 would still keep us there. if you go 1000 over on each of your cheat days you are guaranteed to put weight back on. i don't trust a lot of 'factual' information when it is really just an opinion...i do however trust SHBoss for some reason, he should shed some light on this.
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    *wish i could cheat* :sad: :sad: :cry: :cry: ...lol
  • baughana
    baughana Posts: 10
    Options
    I ate very bad yesterday. I had 4 beers and a McDonalds dinner. I'm so upset about it today.
  • OhLaceyOh
    OhLaceyOh Posts: 30
    Options
    [/quote]
    thankss
    [/quote]

iT WOULDNT ACTUALLY BE THE SAME AS GOiNG TO MCDONALDS OR SOMETHiNG BECAUSE UD ONLY BE CHEATiNG BY ABOUT 200 CALOrIES.
    BUT i GUESS WHAT THEY MEAN iS. IF UR GUNNA CHEAT ATLEAST MAEK iT COUNT. BECAUSE THERES ALWAYS TOMORROW:smile:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter what you ate when you cheated. What matters is what you do after or the next day. So many people get on her and say "OMG I ate so much yesterday I am so upset!!!!" Ok....so now what are you gonna do??

Get to the gym and does something about it the next day. Don't get upset at yourself. You fell off the horse.....now get back on it.