Kid friendly gyms ( designed for kids )

Options
2»

Replies

• tinar44
    tinar44 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, In California, they have a place called My Gym and supposedly there are more than 200 of these around the country. Here's a website that tells more about what they do if you're interested: http://www.my-gym.com/ -- it might give you ideas for your center--good luck; it sounds like a great idea!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    how old are your girls?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen specifically a kids gym, put there a couple places called Jumpstreet/Monkey Bizness. That is a warehouse with floor to wall trampolines. Kids love to jump around and they can even play games like dodgeball at them.

I mostly see places like this too. I think just because kids have so much energy, given the right equipment (trampolines, bouncy castles, rock walls etc) they will exercise like mad until they pass out! haha

A gym here just started an afternoon class for kids, but its only one class mon-fri from 4pm-5pm . Kids Zumba. lol
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Do they show any interest in dance/hip hop? For a cardio side of things, how about Zumbatomic classes?
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't really bring in money....but you could start an after school program. This would be geared toward slightly older kids (middle school / high school). But you could bike rides, teach them about nutrition, do different exercises (but try to keep it fun, otherwise you'll just seem like another P.E. class).

My daughters school has a club called "fit club" and its 45 minutes everyday after school. They do sports, roller skate, skate board, jump rope etc.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Children don't need a gym they just need to be active and play.

That's the beauty of being a child is that they don't have to do some workout routine, they just have to get off the couch.

the YMCA is fantastic for this because it has a workout room for the adults and tons of activities for the kids to do.

Encourage your children to stay active and outdoors any time the weather is nice and they'll do just fine.

An outdoor skate park is something most communities don't have, but they are super beneficial to kids. They are a lot of fun and they keep the kids active riding bikes, roller blades or skateboards.
  • papa3x
    papa3x Posts: 286
    Options
    It wouldn't really bring in money....but you could start an after school program. This would be geared toward slightly older kids (middle school / high school). But you could bike rides, teach them about nutrition, do different exercises (but try to keep it fun, otherwise you'll just seem like another P.E. class).

My daughters school has a club called "fit club" and its 45 minutes everyday after school. They do sports, roller skate, skate board, jump rope etc.

Oh, they do bring in money... trust me on that... but I'm not in it for the money.
  • papa3x
    Options
    how old are your girls?

10, but AGAIN, this isn't about just my kids, but all kids in my immediate area.
  • kgillikin
    kgillikin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For only $10 more a month Exogyn in Beaumont Texas has kid classes every after noon M-F. I think they have 2 of them.
  • papa3x
    Options
    Children don't need a gym they just need to be active and play.

That's the beauty of being a child is that they don't have to do some workout routine, they just have to get off the couch.

the YMCA is fantastic for this because it has a workout room for the adults and tons of activities for the kids to do.

Encourage your children to stay active and outdoors any time the weather is nice and they'll do just fine.

An outdoor skate park is something most communities don't have, but they are super beneficial to kids. They are a lot of fun and they keep the kids active riding bikes, roller blades or skateboards.

My YMCA doesn't really have that much for kids unless you are doing one of the programs.... fortunately there are a lot of those. The trick is making it more fun than video games or TV....
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I live in a rural area and we have something called "Kids Kingdom". I think in larger area's they have something called "Monkey Joe's". It's a place full of different inflatable bounce houses and fun things for kids to do. There are difference size bounce houses for different age groups. So, the little kids are jumping on top of the toddlers. They also have rooms for birthday parties. We go alot of the time on the weekend and it's always busy. I know the kids love it.
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I live in a rural area and we have something called "Kids Kingdom". I think in larger area's they have something called "Monkey Joe's". It's a place full of different inflatable bounce houses and fun things for kids to do. There are difference size bounce houses for different age groups. So, the little kids are jumping on top of the toddlers. They also have rooms for birthday parties. We go alot of the time on the weekend and it's always busy. I know the kids love it.

**Sorry I meant so the BIG kids aren't jumping on top of the toddlers!
  • blethenam
    blethenam Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am in a small town in Maine and we have a place called The Maine Jump. It's filled with bounce houses and slides that kind of thing. Great exercise for the kids and parents of kids under 4!