Can you eat the same thing daily?

Options
I eat the same thing pretty much every single day and LOVE it! I will have the same breakfast, lunch and dinner...with the same snacks if I am needed one in the day! If I go out or have friends over I will eat something out and make food for my guest However the majority of the time I do no deviate from my intake.

People tell me I am crazy and would get bored of it so fast and could never do it. Does anyone else do the same or close to it?

Replies

• brittyc1988
    Options
    Oh yeah! I have a thing for tuna and its really weird but I can literally eat the same tuna salad for more than a week at a time every single day. I actually tend to do eat the same things over and over and over again so I'm really trying to mix it up but once I find something I really enjoy and is good for me I stick to it til my family is staring at me like a freak lol
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal every single morning... not because I love it, but because it's good for you, and already packaged into serving size and stuff lol.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    As far as dinner goes I need some variation...Breakfast and Lunch tend to be the same or at least similar day by day...although lately my lunch has been left over dinner from the night before.
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I used to have an Omelette nearly everyday and a Sandwich with crisps for Lunch. This was before MFP by the way. I like to mix it up a bit, it's nice to plan my meals, like say if I am having potato later in the day I won't have a jacket potato for lunch to stay low on my carbs, so I will have a look at what I had for breakfast and try and change it a bit.

I try not to eat too many eggs in one day because I'm not the one who pays for them. I try to eat atleast 3 a day though, scrambled, or in an Omelette. If I have had Ready Brek for Breakfast, I will have eggs for Lunch with some chicken breast, some veggies maybe, or I will use the eggs and make stuffed peppers.

It's just nice to have variety.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I eat basically the same breakfast and lunch every day - but I do need to change up dinner. I can have the same thing a few days in a row, or the same few things week after week, but I just can't have the exact same for dinner every single night.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Nothing necessarily wrong with it, but I think you run the risk of micronutrient deficiency, depending on what you're eating.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    If you periodically change up the nutrients you are tracking here, you'll notice that eating the same thing over and over leaves you nutritionally deficient. Which can lead to over-eating. Your body wants the nutrients you need.

While it isn't going to affect weight loss, and it is easier to track and log, in the long run you are better off eating a variety of foods to obtain your needed nutrients.

Also, some things are not good to eat too much of. Like tuna or other fish high up in the food chain. The levels of Mercury in tuna have led to a maximum recommended amount weekly. Trying to make a rounded nutritional profile is a little like a Rubic's Cube.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same general things every day. A little variation here and there, but it's generally a similar meal plan for me every day.

I realized things were getting a bit TOO monotonous when my 5 year old asked what we were having for dinner and I said "Chicken, veggies, and some rice" and he said "MOMMY. We eat that every single day! Can we PLEASE have chicken nuggets and french fries?"

What can I say, he's a little man who knows what he wants.
  • Phrak
    Phrak Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I eat the same things on my high carb/low fat days, and the same things on my low carb/hi fat days.
  • rc630
    rc630 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have the same breakfast pretty much every morning (yogurt, wheat puffs cereal, a little bit of a 2nd type of cereal, and a tbsp of peanut butter) and I have for the past year. I'm perfectly happy with it, and see no reason to change it.
  • xo_morgan
    xo_morgan Posts: 298
    Options
    Oh yeah! I have a thing for tuna and its really weird but I can literally eat the same tuna salad for more than a week at a time every single day. I actually tend to do eat the same things over and over and over again so I'm really trying to mix it up but once I find something I really enjoy and is good for me I stick to it til my family is staring at me like a freak lol

There was a time i was going to subway after work for 3 weeks straight! i would get a tuna on wheat every single time...never gets old!!
    Every weekday while im at work i have the same thing for breakfast. oatmeal. i usually switch up the snacks & the lunch is mainly a lean cusine..sometimes i switch it up
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    only thing i could eat all the time is chicken
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yep. I do it all the time. I cook my lunches and dinners for the week on Sunday so all I have to do is prepare my individual servings each morning and put them in my Coleman. I bring breakfast lunch and dinner to work with me because I usually leave here and go work out. I try to be creative each week with what I prepare but a lot of times my breakfast is identical from one day to the next - until I get burned out anyway. LOL
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I would aboslutely get bored with it. I even hate when there are more leftovers than I need for lunch the next day. But I'd also worry that I wasn't getting a good variety of nutrients by eating the same thing everyday.
  • Queen_M
    Queen_M Posts: 70
    Options
    I usually eat the same few meals for a few weeks, and then find something else. It's usually because 1) I find something new I love and 2) ingredients don't usually come packaged in single serving sizes and I make all my own meals for myself at home, so I don't want anything to go to waste.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I eat pretty much the same things every day. Dinners might vary, but they are still one of 3 or 4 meals that I repeat.
  • Aureilie
    Aureilie Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have almost the same lunch every week day. Greek yogurt, chicken soup (I change up between noodles, rice and dumplings but almost always chicken), and two snacks (varies between fruit cups, applesauce, string cheese and Annie's snack mix). I have the same thing for breakfast everyday too, a scrambled egg and some coffee. Dinner and the weekends are really where I get my variation.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every day for breakfast, with pretty much the same ingredients. For lunch, I have a small handful of things I rotate between. Dinner is always different. I usually have a choice of 2-3 snacks that I rotate between also.
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I can :) The only trouble I have is without variety I start to want bigger portions of the foods I eat every day. Weird...
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    There have been times when I would eat the same breakfast for weeks or months, but I need variety for lunch and dinner. I read some people's diaries here and think, "How can they possibly face another boneless, skinless chicken breast?" But whatever works for you is great. For me, even more beautiful than variety in food is variety in people!