Share your favorite recent food discovery?

Options
jbrinda1
jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
KIND Healthy Grains Granola. I finally found a healthy granola that is not loaded with sugar. Many have 15 grams or more. KIND has only 6. It is also whole grain, low sodium, no trans fats, low saturated fat and 3g fiber per serving. Oh yeah, and it is crunchy and delicious!

Also Gluten Free!

mixed_product_image.png

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    It looks delicious! Where can I get it!?
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    Order from KIND web site or check your grocery. Wegman's just started carrying it and has it on sale for $3.99.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :) My closest Wegman's is an hour away, but it looks worth it! Esp. the blueberry one!
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    I bought two, the Oats and Honey with toasted coconut, really good, and Maple Walnut Clusters with Chia and Quinoa, haven't tried that one yet. Now I'm going to have to go get all the other flavors. I am a granola fanatic!
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Roasted, no salt added pistachios in the shell. Yummy!
    30 = 90 calories
  • peterson_jessica
    Options
    Raw baby carrots and Jalepeno hummus! The raw carrot thing is new to me since I previously hated raw carrots.... Love them with the hummus though! Plus, the hummus I bought from Hy-Vee only has 35 calories/2 Tablespoons!
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    I do carrots with spicy hummus too, love it!
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    bump
  • snowbaby36
    snowbaby36 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This is not new to anyone else in the diet world, but I recently discovered how good grapefruit is. I had never liked it before and then about 8 weeks ago, its like I flipped a switch and its my favorite snack.
  • sportsciencegirl
    sportsciencegirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just had spinach in my salad for the first time - wasn't too bad - bit salty tasting!

I also bought an Avocado to try - so far it's still sitting in my fridge - I'm not sure if I will like it :/
  • aimeef12
    aimeef12 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    im sure everyone knows about this but loveee Quinoa!
  • Careolyn
    Careolyn Posts: 61
    Options
    chia seeds in my yogurt... so good!
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Vegetables...who'd have thunk it?
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    I also bought an Avocado to try - so far it's still sitting in my fridge - I'm not sure if I will like it :/

Straight avocado has a smooth texture and a very nutty (yet somewhat sweet) flavor. I LOVE it. My wife will only eat it if its guacamole.
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Wasabi/spiced roasted nori! I just bought a big jar of it from amazon after discovering it at safeway last week! Im like "who needs potato chips!" Its only a calorie a sheet.
  • jbrinda1
    Options
    I refused to eat avocado until I was about 18 and my sis-n-law questioned my manhood :) That was it, it is one of my absolute favorite natural foods. So great on sandwhich, in a wrap, on salad....And guacamole...oh God, hold me back. I could eat an entire bag of chips...and of course beer is required...oy this is why I don't make guacamole very often
    I just had spinach in my salad for the first time - wasn't too bad - bit salty tasting!

• STurbs33
    STurbs33 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I love avocados too and I only started eating them in this past year. I use it as a spread on wraps and sandwiches and mix it with meat to make it more flavourful. It has such a great taste and consistency.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    It's funny how your taste for food changes as you start getting healthier. I crave raw veggies more then chocolate which I never thought would happen in a million years. My new favorite thing is smoothies in the mornings, after working out its so refreshing!!! My friend showed me different ones with raw fruits and veggies on skinnytaste.com. So good!!!
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I refused to eat avocado until I was about 18 and my sis-n-law questioned my manhood :) That was it, it is one of my absolute favorite natural foods. So great on sandwhich, in a wrap, on salad....And guacamole...oh God, hold me back. I could eat an entire bag of chips...and of course beer is required...oy this is why I don't make guacamole very often

As a Mexican (I know I dont look it haha), its so alien to me to see that so many people never tried avocados until recently! I love them and guacamole, but I agree, if you eat guacamole its hard not to eat the unhealthy things that go with it!
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Corn chips and salsa. Low cal and satisfies the crunch craving...