Hi, guys im a new and would like some buddies to do this wit

Options
Hello people,
This is the first time i've ever dieted and taken it seriously and i am finding it quite difficult, i'm a student and most of my diet before consisted of unhealthy food and alcohol and now i've decided to cut both of these out. The thing that i am struggeling with the most is not snacking, i didnt realise how much of a snacker i was before, I also end up hungry at night so i could do with some ideas about food that is long lasting but still healthy because i'm eating my tea at about 6pm by the time 11 comes im starving :/.
Also could anyone tell me any resteraunts that are ok on the calories as i have a dinner date on friday and really don't want to starve myself all day for 1 meal.
Thanks
Jess :smile:

Replies

• mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome! Sent you a friends request because you call dinner, tea which is quite right.

I'm presuming your in the UK? Pizza Express is great, the have the nutrition online, going there on Friday myself to celebrate my birthday and have about 3 courses worked out for around 900, can't remember the total, will need to look it up again, I think it all depended on pudding.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP - please feel frr to add me as a friend ;-)

ref eating out, just make sensible choices, have starter and main and skip desert, have grilled chicken for main course with veg / rice, you can still go out and have a good meal.

Enjoy
  • tiggergrrl23
    tiggergrrl23 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! You came to the right place to get support and help along the way. I don't know if they have this chain in the UK, but Applebee's would be a great choice...they have an under 550 calories menu and all the dishes are great. They also have a special Weight Watchers menu too that has some great choices as well. I will send you a friend request! Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • jessof89
    jessof89 Posts: 23
    Options
    hello, Yeah i'm from the uk.
    I was thinking of pizza express or nandos but after just looking at the calories in nandos that is definately not happening. As much as i love it :)
    Thanks for your advice will look up the calories now :)
  • staceymsavage
    staceymsavage Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP, I really hope you find it useful :)

I know exactly what you mean, I am such a grazer/snacker and I really don't like depriving myself of certain things.
    Eating often is never a bad thing, in fact - it's great for your metabolism and your blood glucose levels. You just need to be aware of what you're eating at those times and make healthier decisions.

There are a lot of great snacks that taste wonderful and are still good for you, and these forum boards are full of really helpful people with lots of great tips!

Feel free to add me as a friend, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask :)

Best of Luck!!
  • jessof89
    jessof89 Posts: 23
    Options
    No don't have that even though it does sound awesome as ive been eating a few weight watchers meals and they are also tasty and easy to make :)